Thursday, September 25, 2014

23!

Guys! I'm 23 now! And I've gotta tell ya, it feels...well...pretty much the same as 22. Except Taylor Swift didn't write a hip, bubbly, over-played song about being 23 this year, so I had no idea what hashtags to use on my Instagram. Can't win 'em all, I guess. But really, my birthday was fantastic! I definitely got spoiled. I mean, can't you tell by this picture of my perfectly displayed presents that just so happened to be arranged like that naturally?? It's a blogger thing, guys.



I've decided that birthdays are really just like any other day, except people are nicer to you and everything you do is justifiable. Eat a candy bar at 9 in the morning? Justified! Tell people in PE class not to tag you out because it's your birthday? Justified! Wander aimlessly around Ulta and drench yourself in perfume samples? Justified! Wear fake eyelashes to dinner? Justified! Birthday trumps anything and everything and I love it.

Yes, this justification-filled day of mine was everything I dreamed it would be. For those of you who sent me birthday wishes and said, "I hope Chris spoils you," I just wanted to let you know that he didn't disappoint (even if I didn't wake up to a kitty purring in my face). He surprised me with everything I emailed him about 2 months in advance ;) He also was on his best behavior and wore exactly what I asked him to at Texas Roadhouse and let me choose what to watch on TV, and he didn't even complain once when I asked him to take pictures with me! I love birthday Chris.



Oh, and Chris was cute enough to wake up early and make me pancakes! Contrary to popular belief, those aren't injured seahorses, they're actually the number 23. 


In all seriousness though, I really did appreciate all Chris did for me yesterday. I could tell he tried so hard to make my birthday special and he totally exceeded my expectations. Chris Gourley is seriously my most favorite human ever! He just gets me.


I know I said this last year, but I really just can't help but realize how blessed I am on my birthday. All the texts, FB posts, snapchats, voicemails, and surprise visits throughout the day just made me so grateful for the amazing people I have in my life. I get a little teary-eyed just thinking about it all! So thank you to everyone who made turning 23 so fun and memorable--you did not go unnoticed!

"Ugh, you guys keep me young, I love you so much."

 photo postsignature.jpg

10 comments:

  1. Haha this post had me literally laughing out loud!!! Too many great quotes! Some of them are all your own! You go glen coco! Happy birthday!!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps... Do you guys smell peanut butter? "I had peanut butter toast for breakfast...." Hahahha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lololol Sheree I just love you! Miss those glory days! haha

      Delete
  3. WHERE IS THAT HP SHIRT FROM???????????????????????????????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing huh?! My sister made it for me! Totally my favorite shirt now. But I'm sure you could find something like it on Etsy or Pinterest!

      Delete
  4. 23 by Miley Cyrus...DUHHHH.

    Happy Birthdayy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where is the strip shirt from? I love the zippers. I wish I could pull of stripes!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Pancakes!! Chris is super cute.

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS