Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Goodbye Summer


As the sun sets on this summer, I can't help but be a little sad. Don't get me wrong-I'm totally ready for fall! But there's definitely going to be some things I will miss about this summer. Like 1/2 priced shakes at Sonic, Pickleball every night, working out with the cross country team every morning, getting off early on Tuesdays and roaming Target with a large soda in hand, and probably most of all, having the state of Meredith and Derek's relationship be my greatest (if not only) concern. Yes, summer of 2014 has been good to me.

I think yesterday was an almost perfect way (except for the fact that Chris was gone most of the day hunting) to say goodbye to summer, though. It started off with a hike up Big Springs with my favorites, Whit and Carly, where we admired the color-changing leaves + had inappropriate/hilarious conversations --a usual for us. 


Then I went school shopping with Shelbs. And by school shopping, I really mean us roaming through H&M and Forever 21 talking about how we don't have any money and maybe spending a little too much time in the men's section. Oh, and try not to be weirded out if you see me in this $10 sweater every day, I'm really just trying to be cool like my sister, who so effortlessly looks stupidly good in a snap back. I've also decided that this will be one of those pictures that my kids will look at when they're older and just laugh at me and be like, "What were you thinking!?" and then I'll have to painfully explain selfies (and chesties!) and foodstagrams and everything else our society does right now to get a "like." So, to my posterity: You're welcome for this picture of me and Shelbs attempting to be cool. Which, is that even possible when you ask your mom to take the picture for you?..... multiple times? I digress.


Even after the painful reminder with Chris last night that our shakes are no longer 1/2 priced, I still felt like I had the perfect last day of summer. Plus, I couldn't help but feel a little giddy to trade in my pool bag for a back pack, my flip flops for booties, and the 1/2 priced shakes for hot chocolate. Even though it really takes Utah a couple months to get into the real fall weather, that doesn't mean I can't pretend and stop shaving my legs now, right? Because, ain't nobody got time for shaving legs!

So goodbye, summer. You will be missed. Especially in about a month when my back-to-school butterflies have disappeared.

 photo postsignature.jpg

1 comment:

  1. You're a hoot. I wish I could pull off snapbacks too!!!! I basically look like Joe Dirt.

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS