Thursday, September 18, 2014

No Walking Until The Van Passes








I'm pretty sure the universe was working against me last weekend as I was getting ready for the Red Rock Relay. Our team had a couple of people bail last minute, Chris couldn't go down with me because of school, the race got cut in half so we only had one day of running instead of two, and our team of 10 had to be split in half. Oh, and I forgot to pack a sports bra and running socks. Thanks, universe! 

Even with catastrophe after catastrophe, our team still pulled it off. Did I mention that our team was short a runner + 2/5 of us were not even runners?! Hence our team name: No Walking Until the Van Passes. I totally lucked out with the funnest team ever. Seriously, there was so much food and soda and dirty jokes and swear words and laughing-- my kind of people. We had so much fun, in fact, that we are already planning next year's race! Sports bra and running socks are at the top of the list...

So, for anyone considering running this race, I say, DO IT. You will not regret it. It's such a social race and so pretty! Half the fun is just seeing the other teams's cars and team names. My favorite team I saw was called the "Derek Zoolander's Van For Kids Who Can't Run Good, and Want to Learn To Do Other Things Good Too." So awesome. Also, there's pizza at the finish line if that motivates you to run... sure works for me.

See you next year, Red Rock Relay!

 photo postsignature.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS