Saturday, August 30, 2014

Makeover Friday?

Lately I've just been craving to do makeup on other people. I can probably blame this craving on my excessive amounts of watching makeup tutorials on YouTube at work + looking for almost ANY excuse to go to Ulta. Ah, Ulta... you just get me.

Anyway, yesterday was the best Friday ever since I not only got to satisfy my craving for doing someone's makeup once, but THREE times. It didn't hurt that I satisfied my craving for a dirty DP either, but that's besides the point. First my sister, then my sister-in-law, and then my mother-in-law. Three gorgeous ladies!

Behold:


I wish my phone was capable of taking good quality pictures, because these just don't do any of them justice. Maybe it's me just tootin' my own horn, but don't they all look gorgeous?! I loved doing all of their makeup, because they all had such different face shapes and skin tones and it was nice putting makeup on a face that I wasn't familiar with. I was definitely learning a lot.

Some of you may be reading this and thinking, "Um, where the heck did this come from, Shay?! You are not a makeup artist." and I can say that I completely agree with you! I'm not. But it's been really fun pretending I am. So if anyone wants to help me keep "pretending" just let me know, because I can be halfway to Ulta before you're even finished saying yes. And who knows, maybe this could be my little "business on the side" thing like all the rest of you rockin' Mormon mamas do ;) but seriously--those Ulta runs ain't gonna fund themselves!

 photo postsignature.jpg

5 comments:

  1. They all look naturally beautiful, and enhanced perfectly with make-up! You are rocking the make-up side business for sure and have a shload of mad talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha "shload"... probably my new favorite word! And thank you! I'm still kicking myself for not getting a before & after picture with you! Oh well, guess that means I need to do your makeup again! ;)

      Delete
  2. I looooove Ulta!!!! I knew it was bad news when I found one 1 mile from my house in Cottonwood Heights...Husband where art thou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ulta is so freaking dangerous! haha enjoy going there now before you get a husband... they're not very supportive of spending money on makeup all the time ;)

      Delete
  3. This is amazing. I think Kat's after looks so, so good!

    Can't wait for my turn!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS