Wednesday, August 20, 2014

A Tidbit of Love for Chris


After my last post, Chris brought to my attention that I just "go into straight hate mode" when I blog about him. Chris' comment had me like, WHAT!? No! I am all kinds of cutesy about you on the bloggity blog! So then I started reading through some of my older posts, and I came to this conclusion: I'm afraid to be sappy on my blog. Not just about Chris, but about anyone. I noticed that anytime I would start to even become semi-serious or sentimental in a post, I'd have to end with a joke or a silly, off-topic comment. Am I afraid of sounding like a newlywed since I'm not really considered a "newlywed" anymore? Or maybe I'm really just trying to stick with the title of my blog and only keep a "tidbit of love" in my posts? I don't know, but for whatever reason, Chris noticed and it kind of plucked at my heartstrings when he said that.

So Chris, get ready to be sap-slapped so hard, your man-boobs (that I always assure you that you don't have!) are gonna concave after you read this saptastic post filled with reasons why I love you! (...do you guys see my problem now?)


Chris, one of the reasons I love you is because you just work so damn hard (I also love you because you always tell me not to swear, but let's just focus on the whole working hard thing for now...). I love that you work hard at basically anything and everything: your job, school, house projects, making me happy, projects for other people, and most importantly, pickle ball. I love that you're always trying to do better and be better. You're not okay with just being "okay," except maybe when it comes to knowing the correct lyrics to songs on the radio. I know I don't tell you enough, so I'm telling you now: Thank you for working so hard for us! So hard, in fact, that when you come home from work, you pass out on the couch like this:

Also, I love that booty ^^

Another reason I love you is the fact that you just don't give a crap what other people think of you. I'm almost envious of this trait you have because it's something that I struggle with, as you know all too well. So thank you for always reassuring me that I look like "a twig bi-" when I'm not feeling so good about myself. I love that if you are being teased by me or your friends or anyone for that matter, that you don't care and you don't change. You are always Chris and always will be the same Chris I fell in love with, and even when I complain about it, just know that I secretly love that you are a goofy, fanny pack-wearing, basketball-watching, manchild. 


Another thing I love about you is that you are a simple person. Sometimes I have to remind myself that this is a good quality (mostly when you can't understand why I want to buy a new outfit or makeup), but for the most part, I really do love this about you. Not a lot of people can say that simple things like fishing, hiking, hunting, working hard on a project, or even just sitting outside and talking make them really happy, but you can. You don't need the newest technology (not even a smart phone!), the trendiest clothes, or any other materialistic thing to make you happy--the way it's supposed to be. I wish I could say the same thing for myself, but for right now I'll just appreciate the fact that you bring that great balance into our relationship ;) 


If you haven't noticed already, every reason I've listed so far for why I love you is a quality that I wish I had. The exact same thing applies to this next reason of why I love you: That you don't take yourself seriously. I mean that in the best way, too. If you did, who would I have to remind me to not take myself so seriously all the time?! My life would be so sad and boring if you didn't possess this quality! I love that you have better things to worry about than just yourself. The world would be so much better with more Chris Gourley's for this reason alone! You are a rare breed, Chris.


I could go on and on with more reasons as to why I love you, like that you always share your food with me and that you're so good with kids and that you cuddle me in the mornings and that you play Clash of Clans (just kidding! even the sappiest bone in my body would never let me admit that), but I know I don't need to, because even though I know this post probably could have been a little more serious, I know that wouldn't be like us--because WE are not serious (okay, you're not serious), and the cutesy, "serious" moments we do have together, don't need to be shared in the blog world. But I do hope that you appreciated this ultra sappy, newlywed-worthy blog post in your honor.

Because, well, I love your guts (figurative guts! you're a twig bi- with six pack abs! duh!) Chris Gourley! Even if I'm not always the best at showing it on the bliggity blog. 

xx

 photo postsignature.jpg

p.s. holy moly there's a lot of 'i love you's' in this post! if that ain't sappy, I don't know what is...

6 comments:

  1. Best. Post. Ever!

    And best little brother ever.

    Seriously--I couldn't ask for better. I would add, I love that he gives family swim lessons, from his 3 year old nephew to his 30 year old sister and even his 60 year old mom.

    Also, I love that Caden thinks he and Chris are legit bffs.

    And he's been up for more than one GNO. Not just anybody can handle that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caden and Chris ARE legit bffs! And I'm definitely okay with that.

      Delete
  2. your blog is by far one of my very favorite blogs to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed at your double reference of bloggity blog. I say that all the time (but only to Tyson)! Also, kudos to you that Chris reads your blog. Whenever I write something I want Tyson to read, I have to read it to him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only way he reads it is if I post it on Facebook, or I pull it up for him to read ;)

      Delete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS