Wednesday, September 25, 2013

TWENTY TWOsday! (see what I did there?)

Yesterday, I turned 22.

[insert Taylor Swift's "22" here]



As you can see, I definitely got spoiled yesterday. And no, I didn't just make my bed so I could neatly place my birthday presents on it and take a picture for my blog, ya silly.

Chris asked me yesterday if I liked my birthday better as a single person or a married person. My answer: definitely as a married person (are you even surprised by my answer?). You just have such high expectations for your birthday when you're single, ya know? But now, going to Texas Roadhouse, Yogurtland, watching a documentary on Netflix about gangs, and falling asleep before 9:30 is all I'd ever ask for on my birthday!

I think one of the  highlight's of turning 22 was when Chris took me to Texas Roadhouse and was thwarted by our waitress when she asked him if he'd like grilled onions on top of his steak, and failed to mention that it costs $2.99 extra. What's even better was that this wasn't a first occurrence for Chris at Texas Roadhouse. Not only did this reaffirm Chris that he likes Outback more, but that he'd also be the greatest waiter on earth and tell customers that it costs extra to add onions to your steak.

 Seriously though, I loved every minute of my birthday. Including all the calls, texts, and Facebook posts wishing me a happy birthday from my friends and family--I am beyond blessed! I think that's one of my favorite parts about having a birthday, you realize how blessed you are to have so many people that care about you. Also, it doesn't hurt to have a husband that is willing to get up early and cook you pancakes ;)

I am so happy with my life right now, and can't wait to see what a whole year of being 22 brings me.

 photo postsignature.jpg

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Shayli! That is so exciting. I love being married while its my birthday too. I feel like it's much more chill and you already have what you've always wanted: your true love right there by your side! Also, that hat is to die for. I want it. Just in case you don't?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Amanda! You're totally right--you already have everything you've always wanted when you're married! Couldn't have said it better myself. By the way, my hat's from Target! Just thought I'd let you know... since I highly doubt I won't want it ;)

      Delete
  2. What the freak. You got the naked palette!??! Imma die. #jealous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh.... It's on the lifechanging list! (although, sadly, still underneath crack bread)

      Delete
  3. I loved your play on words.
    You are seriously sooo pretty!!! sounds like a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS