Tuesday, November 10, 2015

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly: GourleyDisney2015

If you follow me on Insta, you're probably sick of my vacation posts... sorry? But not sorry enough to  not blog about it.

If you've followed my blog for a while now (Michelle and Rachel) you already know what to expect after I go on vacation--the good, the bad, and the ugly. So let's just jump right into it, shall we? Because I have lots more pictures to dump and a blog is just the perfect place for that, right?

We're so happy + grateful that Martha had "Take whole family to Disneyland" on her bucket list! It let us escape the crazy that is our lives at the moment and just enjoy the crazy that is having the whole Gourley gang at Disneyland... just kidding! But really, trying to go on a ride all together as a group of 27 people is a little tricky...and loud...and "do you have so-and-so?!"  but we somehow made it work!

Anyway, enjoy the good, the bad, and the ugly from our #GourleyDisney2015 trip!

The Good:
-our flight NOT getting delayed
-the Dole whips (because, duh!)
-the beloved corn dogs ("curnies!" as Chris calls 'em) that could barely fit in my camera frame.
-Chris going on California Screamin' two times and NOT getting sick (I'm slowly converting him).
-the fireworks above the castle... HOLY FEELS!
-Fantasmic. Cue more feels.
-the Paint the Night parade! So freaking cool.
-showing Chris Cars Land for the first time (Cars is one of his favs) + being first in line for the Radiator Springs fast passes.
-having Chad and Michelle be the official tour guides (ha!)
-the pizza place we found across the street from Disneyland (cilantro, why you no on all pizzas?!)
-Martha's dream coming true of getting the whole family on Haunted Mansion.
-Chris not complaining about me dragging him to the Frozen show.
-Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain with the nieces and nephews AND Tom G!
-the beach + boogie boarding w/Chris + watching the nieces and nephews find the buried treasure

The Bad:
-my camera screen breaking
-Soarin' Over California, Space Mountain, and the Jedi Training being closed.
-Chris not dressing up as Darth Vader to make up for the lack of Jedi Training at Disneyland.
-the Matterhorn. Specifically when I was experiencing what I can only assume was a withdrawal headache from Dr. Pepper... that'll make you realize how bad the Matterhorn beats the hell out of you reaaaalll quick.
-Eating beef jerky + Cheezits all day everyday (I'm gagging just typing it).
-my breath from eating said beef jerky + Cheezits ^
-the aggressive birds at the beach that stole the fruit leather.
-not taking enough pictures at Disneyland

The Ugly:
-the throw up and poop accidents from the nieces and nephews...the risk you take when traveling with 15 grandkids I guess?
-our beach bods... we were motivated to to eat super healthy on our way back from the beach and then we ate at Outback for our anniversary dinner and were like, "mmmm, betta not..."
-the intensity of racing for a place to sit for the Fantasmic show--pushing, shoving, and running people over with the stroller. Obviously I'm not ready for that mom-life yet... do not put me in charge of your stroller! I repeat: Do not put me in charge of your stroller!
-me ugly crying at any and everything that made me feel all of the feels. Disneyland is so dangerous for me that way!
-coming back to reality... still trying to adjust.



I'm sure there's much more I could add to the lists, but I'll just keep it short and sweet--just like our vacation. Thank you Tom and Martha for the vacation to the happiest place on earth and making this whole trip possible! Me and Chris are definitely ready to help you keep crossing things off of your bucket lists ;)

 photo postsignature.jpg

3 comments:

  1. I love this! I totally copied you with a Good,Bad,Ugly post that I've already typed. I just need to add pictures and I'll post it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss!!! I can't wait to read yours! haha I'm sure you'll have lots more to add :)

      Delete
  2. Haha!! This is hilarious!! I LOVE when you do these post!!!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS