Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Adulthood. Population: Chris & Shayli

Guys. . . that is our freaking house! What the freakity freak? Is this even real life?! It still hasn't fully sunk in that this is where me and Chris live here now. I say hasn't fully sunk in because there have been a few things that have happened this week when it has sunk in, and been like, WELCOME TO ADULTHOOD + BEING HOMEOWNERS! Mostly when we discovered that every time our neighbors would open their garage, ours would open too (especially at 5:30 in the morning!). Oh, and there was that time our microwave broke. Also, I'm not sure what feels more empty... our pantry or our bank account (which is good for telling my decorating-heart to calm.the.freak.down.)? Like I said, WELCOME TO ADULTHOOD + BEING HOMEOWNERS! 

But besides all that, the rest of it is hard to believe that this is all ours! Like, who knew that having a garage was such a luxury? Scraping frost off car windows-what's that?! And you mean there's such thing as having a bathtub separate from the shower? I can do laundry in a room that doesn't have a toilet in it?! THIS CAN'T BE REAL! 

It isn't real. These past two months have seemed like a huge blur. One minute we're talking about selling our town home, and then before we know it, we're living in Tom and Martha's basement waiting to close on our house! Speaking of Tom and Martha... huge thank you to those roomies that were more than willing to let us live in their basement + share their diet ( & caffeine free!) Dr. Pepper + let us chill in their hot tub almost every night. Wait, why did we leave that place again...? In all seriousness, though-- THANK YOU TOM AND MARTHA! We love you!

And while we're on the subject of thanking people... I need to say thank you to my in-laws Kat and Jon for helping us with the entire process of getting into this house!! We've probably talked with them more in these past two months than we have in all 3 years of our marriage combined! Pretty sure we owe them free babysitting for life and then some. 

Really, I should just say thank you to any and all of our friends and family. Whether it was helping us move, clean, or just being supportive--we've appreciated all of it! I kind of love that we got to move into our house the week of Thanksgiving, because it's given me even more reasons to be so, so thankful for our family and friends. I've found myself randomly just bursting into tears while sorting through all of our stuff just thinking, "Holy goodness, how are we are so blessed!" (okay, and maybe Ellen was on in the background...) 

But really, what more could I ask for right now? 

 photo postsignature.jpg

4 comments:

  1. So pretty and so happy for you guys! My mom freaked out too when I showed her, she was way happy for you and thought it was the cutest house. Where is this located?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn you Gourley's, livin' the life. Remember to come visit us in the ghetto. So happy for you guys! What an awesome house! "what the freakity freak!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to come and see your darling house! It's beautiful Shay, and I hear ya on the enjoyment of having my laundry room in a bathroom, because it's certainly not my favorite. I'm so excited for you and Chris. :)

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS