Thursday, August 13, 2015

Nymphadora Tonks: A Labor and Delivery Story

Nymphadora Tonks joined our family August 11, 2015 at 6:13pm weighing more than I could manage by myself. 


The day started out like any other day in the Summer of Shay: running, LIVE with Kelly and Michael, grocery shopping, and of course, Swig. I had just been in the middle of reading Harry Potter when I got a text that would forever change my life:

"Ok, you can come get it around 3:30."

She was here! I would finally get to meet this new addition to our family in only a couple of hours!

...or so I thought.

Going into it, I had a plan. I was going to use Tom G's truck to go pick it up and have Tom G just drive my car back up to the house after work. But for some reason, I thought getting Tom G's truck was a two person job, so I called my dad to help me (the anticipation for this new little one clouded my judgment, obviously). After looking for the keys to the truck for a good 20 min, I finally found them in the ashtray! One step closer to Tonks! Until I got this text:

"We should probably make it 4 to be safe."

Ugh. I had waited all afternoon, I guess I could wait another 30 minutes. So waited I did...at my dads work... following him around like a puppy ha. It was 3:45 when I got the next text:

"Hey so the bicycle is in my wife's car and she took it to work today because that's where the other person who was originally going to buy it was going to meet her. She still is not on her way home yet, so it might be later that we have to meet."

WHAT?! I had been waiting all day! Now I have to drive all the way home in Tom G's truck only to bring it back to Provo a couple of hours later? That's when all the doubts started to fill my mind. What if she's not cute in real life like she is in the KSL pictures? What if something is wrong with her? How am I going to be able to handle a new bike? Is there room for her in our home? 

After waiting for what felt like days I finally got the OK to come and get her! It was finally happening! The delivery itself probably took a whopping 2 minutes, which involved some awkward small talk with a girl named Jessica about how she's moving to California and then ended with me saying, "Thanks! See ya later!...wait... no I won't," and then asking her to help me load it into the truck because I lack upper body strength.

While the labor was long and painful, the quick and awkward delivery made up for it. I'm so excited for this new addition into the family. I love you, Nymphadora Tonks!

- - - - - - - - - -

Long story short: This was the best $30 KSL find in history! (thanks to Chris)


 photo postsignature.jpg

p.s. What do we think of the name? Obviously I want something Harry Potter related, and Tonks came to mind because of the pink! But I also thought I could name her Frenchy or Rizzo because after all, she IS a pink lady! Feel free to leave name suggestions in the comment section below.

3 comments:

  1. How about "my owner is a nut" or maybe "Frau Farbissina" ha ha "Shit bird's ride"? ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha dad, quit commenting under "anonymous" you creep! And shit bird's ride. . . That's got a nice ring to it! ;)

      Delete
  2. You're dad may think this post makes you a nut. But this is probably the best post I have ever read. Welcome Tonks! What a beaut!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS