Sunday, August 2, 2015

embark


“Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day” (D&C 4:2).

Guys, I'm home from girl's camp! Showered! Wearing flip-flops! Braless! But don't let my excitement of washed body parts and breaking camp dress code fool you into thinking I didn't have a fabulous time there. Camp was so, so good. Like, so good that I feel terrible for ever having a bad attitude about it--camp was just what I needed.

The theme at camp this year was "Embark in the Service of God," so naturally, everything was nautical-themed and adorable. Anyway, all week we talked about embarking and how when you embark on something, you return different than when you started. So as corny as this next sentence is going to be, it's so true. I "embarked" on a journey to girl's camp and came back a different person (for the better). I returned home from my journey inspired to do better and serve more. I returned knowing that I am and can still continue to make a difference in my young women's lives. Most importantly, I returned with a strengthened testimony. 

Oh, and I returned as a self-proclaimed butterfly whisperer. Behold:
But in all seriousness, camp was so good and so what I needed to be doing last week! I feel spiritually (and maybe physically now that I've had two showers) refreshed and ready to take on the world! I love my young women, and hope that I can keep trying to be the best example I can be for them. 

THE CHURCH IS TRUE, GUYS! KEEP EMBARKING!

Happy Sunday!

 photo postsignature.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS