Sunday, May 3, 2015

SaturDATE

Saturday marked the end of my first week of "The Summer of Shay," and I gotta say, if all my Saturdays this summer are like this one, I am completely okay with that--it was one of the best Saturdays I've had in a while!

It all started with Chris waking me up on Saturday morning chipper as can be and asking, "Are you going to eat cereal and play tennis with me this mernin'?" So that we did! I'm not sure if I'm getting a lot better at tennis or if Chris is getting really bad, but I actually beat him! So obviously it needs to be blogged about. Honestly it's probably because we've been playing pickle ball so much--our tennis game is so off! But I'll take any win against him I can get since Chris never let's me (or anyone for that matter) win. He's such a rat that way, but he just reassures me that it's to keep me humble.

Not pictured from our Saturday: Helping Tom G spread  mulch aka "human shit" (as my sister-in-law, Kat, reassured us it was) around Tom G's yard + me being the tarp girl making sure the human shiz didn't make a mess all over the lawn (a Tom G specialty job!). Even if the reality of it was us spreading shiz all around the yard, it ended up being so much fun to me! Mostly because we got to hangout with the Gourley gang and sip on some DP while doing so, but also because there is something almost therapeutic about working with your hands in the yard, no?! Does admitting that + fantasizing about planting my own garden mean I'm getting old? If so, sign me up!

After spending time with the Gourley gang, we had just enough time to come home and shower/blow all the mulch out of our nose before meeting up with my siblings (minus Haley. boo bunko!!) to eat at MooYahs (insert Hallelujah chorus here) and go laser tagging. Did I mention this was an "adults-only" date? Because it was. And it was awesome. Don't get me wrong, I love love love my nieces and nephews, but it's fun to spend time with my siblings when they don't have to worry about their kids + conversation about sex, farts/poop are a lot more frequent. We went laser tagging at Provo Towne Center in the tiniest laser tag place I've ever been, but it ended up being a lot of fun!
Pretty sure there was a lot more swearing/cheating than your average laser tag group, but that's why I love my family! We are hilarious... and competitive--to say the least. We also must be a sick, twisted, immature group since we could not stop laughing about the form Chris' back sweat took after laser tagging... 
Are we immature or are we immature? But don't tell me you don't see it, too!

To top off our Saturday, we stopped at Sonic and then talked about going to see a late night showing of The Avengers, but then our inner-senior citizen reminded us to calm the freak down and that bedtime is at 9:30, so we convinced ourselves that "we'll go see it next weekend..." and hopped into bed before 9:30 (seriously--sign me up for that old people life!). 

Pure bliss. 

 photo postsignature.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for mentioning me!! You and Chris are the cutest. I'm happy to welcome you into the senior citizen life!!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS