Thursday, May 21, 2015

What Summer of Shay looks like...

+ Paint. The Summer of Shay looks like paint--paint on my hands, hair, and sadly my favorite sandals. But most importantly, paint on our walls! Finally after two and a half years of living in our town home, we are getting around to painting over the five different shades of brown we got going on here + the color that can only be described as the "skin" color in the crayola box. Who knew painting could make me so giddy? ...and sweaty. Woof. 

+ Babysitting. Turns out that when you publicly declare you don't have a job, the babysitting offers come rolling in! I wish 13 year-old Shayli would have known about that-- she would've been a lot richer and able to buy more cappuccino lipgloss and Abercrombie clothes! Anyway, I've lucked out with babysitting. I've totally babysat the cutest, easiest kids! One of them wasn't even related to me! Isn't Claire so cute? 
And yes, I totally claimed her as my own at Home Depot. "She has your eyes!" "Yeah we get that all the time huh, Claire?" 

+ Hot tub. Whether it's my parent's or Chris' parent's hot tub, we are in it almost every week. Dinner and hot tub has kind of become our go-to date night, and I'm definitely okay with that (even if my poor dry skin isn't). The Summer of Shay is definitely not above mooching off the parents, which brings me to my next point:

+ Mom's house. I would say a majority of the Summer of Shay is spent at my mom's house, even if she's not there. I find myself making excuses to go over there all the time. (Oh, I need to drop off these mason jars she let me use! I need to paint my toenails!) Because for some reason, making lunch is just better at mom's (and she has a lot more variety than cheese quesadillas). Also, the Summer of Shay get's a little lonely when Chris is at work all day. Ha. 

+ Victoria's Secret. I got a part-time job at Vickie's! Which sadly means I have to slow down my babysitting gig. Oh, and incorporate more black into my wardrobe + always have painted nails. I found out that you can't have chipped nail polish while working at Vickie's. Seriously, guys. It's a rule. At least they didn't have any rules about shaved legs or top-knots? Anyway, I think this job will pay me just enough to support my shopping habit, since I've only worked there three days and have already used my discount. 
"Babe I got these on sale, though! I'm basically saving us money."

Anyway, now that you have an idea of what the Summer of Shay looks like, I better get back to painting. Because I'm sure my neighbors are sad that I'm not singing with my showtunes Pandora station at the top of my lungs, and I wouldn't want to deprive them of that. Ask me how many times I've cried listening to Defying Gravity. I DARE YOU. 

 photo postsignature.jpg

p.s. MOM! Your peonies are blooming! And they look so, so pretty.
Oh, and if there's a trail of potato chip crumbs to the garage....it wasn't me.

2 comments:

  1. She IS so cute. I can't stand it. You are a blessing and a half to take her not one but TWO days!! I'm also dying at the part time job. Good for you!! I wish I were brave enough to even consider working there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your paint!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS