Friday, May 29, 2015

PHONE DUMP

Remember when I told you that the Summer of Shay looks like painting my whole house? Um, yeah... why didn't anyone warn me that painting every single day would put me into a weird funk? I feel like I haven't gotten a good nights rest in weeks + my body has been running solely on diet Dr. Pepper + every room in my house is basically torn apart. I can barely even remember what day it is, too..they all are just blurs of washing, taping, and painting. Oh, and I feel like I need to tell you that I'm chowing down on some beef jerky for breakfast while I type this. WEIRD FUNK, GUYS! 

Anyway, I was trying to think of what I've done besides paint this month, so I started looking through my phone pictures. Hence, the good ole fashioned phone dump of bad quality pictures to remind me that I have not just been a painting robot this month. You've been warned!
from left to right:

-Chris and I conquered the land where happy couples go to die aka IKEA. There might have been some eye rolling on Chris' part (oooohhh  babe I want hangy things like that in our kitchen!), but for the most part, we were able to leave unscathed. I'm pretty sure it's because I got Chris a cinnamon roll at the end + we both took pleasure in watching newlyweds argue. But anyway, I convinced Chris that it was time to upgrade from our $5 TV stand from Wal-Mart (thanks, Shell!), and so we got a new stand that actually can hold all of our stuff! Which was very difficult trying to load into the car with an ice cream cone in hand. And if you had any question as to whether I would rather drop my ice cream cone or my new TV stand, the answer is DROP THE $60 TV STAND! SAVE THE $1 ICE CREAM CONE. 

-Sanderson pickle ball has started up again! Which means my alter ego comes out to play... we call him Shane. As you can tell from the picture above, Shane really cares how he looks, and he can always depend on Shelby to snapchat super flattering pictures of him to everyone. Yes, Shane is an interesting character... he definitely is going to need his own post since he can't be explained in just one bullet point. 

-Chris' rec ball team won the championship! Since Chris usually played on Wednesdays when I had mutual, I didn't get to go as much, but when I would go, there would usually be some kind of fight among the grown men playing. Gotta love rec ball. Anyway, good job, Chris! And I'm glad we were able to celebrate your victory at Taco Amigo after. 

-On Memorial Day we had a BBQ at my grandma Walker's. My aunt Joelle brought Spike Ball for everyone to play, which turned into the guys playing Spike Ball while the girls went for a ride on the Razor. All of us Walker girls + motor vehicles = lots of swearing, laughing, and the occasional peeing of pants. Oh, and fun fact: my shirt in that picture I had worn for a good 4 days in a row... so the universe (or my cousin Jenica) gave me the sign that it was time to wash the shirt and quit being disgusting by getting mud splattered on it during that ride. Okay universe! I'll do my laundry! But don't you know that I'm in a weird funk!?

-This week I went with my mom to watch my cute niece, Koree, at field day! It was so fun getting to watch her, and it totally brought back memories of when I was in elementary school and took so much pride in the fact that I was always the fastest runner in my class (the early years of Shane!). Oh, and it totally reassured me that I made the right career choice as a secondary teacher... I don't know how you EL ED people do it! SO MUCH PATIENCE!

-My cute nephew Collin graduated from Kindergarten, so my SIL, Kat, invited me to go with her to his graduation. I had to try reeeeeally hard not to tear up at their little songs they sang! So much adorableness! I know, I know... I'm so screwed for when I have kids. Anyway, good job Collin! It kind of freaks me out that the next graduation I'll be watching you at is in 2027...and that I'll be 36. Hopefully by that time I'll be able to give you a better graduation gift than a cupcake with a gummy worm on it, huh?    


And now that I've checked the date today...
Happy funk-free Friday!

 photo postsignature.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! Let's set Shane up with Millie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is by far the best comment I've ever seen on my blog... HAHA I'm literally laughing out loud!

      Delete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS