Thursday, April 30, 2015

Things I Think You Need to Know


This picture has nothing to do with this post... it's fine. "I'm fine!" -Ross  (if you don't get that reference, we probably aren't friends)

+ I've only had TWO Diet Dr. Pepper's this week. Yes, T W O. I'm turning a new leaf for the Summer of Shay, which means less of that dark poison. Keyword: LESS. Also, I'm broke, so I'm trying to make my Swig giftcard last (thanks Tom and Martha!) 

+ Annnnd to really explain that first bullet point, I (like every other girl in the world) have started the Kayla Itsines Bikini Body Guide. Except I'm mostly just doing the workouts, not the entire meal plan because, HI! I'm human. And I live with Chris. And we like 1/2 priced Sonic Shakes every once in a while. But holy goodness, guys! The workouts... I now understand why everyone says "death by Kayla," but at least I haven't ended up naked in the fetal position like I did with Insanity . . . yet. 

+ I recently discovered the greatness that is the Children's Disney station on Pandora. YES I cry every time I sing "Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?" when I'm cleaning my house. YES that's the only music that's been played in my house this week. YES Chris is sick of it, and NO I don't plan on stopping. I don't know guys, I guess I'm just not ready to "let it go"... 

+ Not one of my proudest moments, but ... I flipped off one of my neighbors last week. Totally on purpose, too. Before you judge me, just know that he was, as Chris likes to say, "haulin' nutties" in his car down our street and seriously almost hit us. But! It's not even the fact that he could have crashed his car into us that made me so angry, but the fact that my nephew and dozens of other kids (who knew I had such a soft spot for the Gumball Gang?) are always playing on our street! He's not going to be able to get out of his car and just say "sorry about that" to a child he just hit is he? Plus, the speed limit around our townhome is 5mph! I'm about ready to take the Claire Dunphy approach and petition to put a stop sign in front of our house because of him . . .  Do you think I was able to communicate all those thoughts to him with my middle finger? 

+ Speaking of my middle finger . . . it's rare to find it unpolished these days since my mom and sister have converted me to Sally Hansen's Miracle Gel nail polish! Yes, it's on the pricey side, but that's why you have your mom and sister buy it and use theirs because "you're broke" and "unemployed". Seriously though, it's the best. It stays on FOR-EV-URR. 

+ Since I finished Grey's on Netflix and have no plans of watching the 11th season (McDreamy? Really, Shonda?! REALLY?!!) I started watching Scandal and The Blacklist --totally hooked! Anybody else have any other recommendations for shows on Netflix I should include in my Summer of Shay? Please and thank you! 


Happy last day of April! I'm actually sad to see this month go... April was so good to us! But there is ONE good thing about the last day of April. That means...

Sorry, had to. 

 photo postsignature.jpg

5 comments:

  1. Please post more bullet point posts! I love hearing the random things going on for you guys.

    We have to talk Blacklist...and (OK, I'll admit it...) Scandal. I've only watched the current season of Scandal so let me know when you catch up.

    Whew. I'm glad I got that off my chest--I've been dying to talk to someone about it but don't dare ask any of my friends or neighbors if they watch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I despise Scandal! (And Shonda.)
    I also lol' d at you flipping the bird

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that you flipped your neighbor off, haha. It happens!! Also Dr. Pepper is dark poison I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved that you flipped your neighbor off, haha. It happens!! Also Dr. Pepper is dark poison I agree!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS