Monday, February 2, 2015

weekending via bullet points

(how terrifying is Chris here?!)

+ We started our weekend off right by finally putting our gift card from Mama & Papa Gourley to use! Dear Texas Roadhouse, you complete me--and my thigh gap. Someday I'll be able to refuse the bread basket, but that day was definitely not Friday. 

+ Watching our cutest nieces in the mini cheer clinic + confirming Chris' worst nightmare--there's a good chance that our future daughters will be cheerleaders ;) But seriously, after all of my PE classes, I think cheer is the only sport I'm qualified to teach our children. Unless they want to learn how to spike a volleyball INTO a net. This all made for great conversation in my parent's hot tub. 

+  (not pictured)(for good reason) Cardio Muscle Mix Class with Shelby, which consisted of a lot of being shown up by middle-aged women + "holy $h*#! this hurts!" looks exchanged + shamelessly leaving 10 minutes early. Sisters are the best gym buddies. 


 + Sisters are also the best shoe shopping partners. I'm so glad Shelby was there to help me make sure I didn't buy any Nike's that were "chunky," "mommy," or "90's-looking" this weekend--I think we succeeded. Guys!  I'm seriously so pumped about my new shoes! I have never bought Nike's that weren't for cheer. I felt like a new woman! Like, where have you been all my life Nike? Even if I did kind of force Chris to compliment my new shoes (Babe don't you like my new shoes? You always say girls who wear Nike tennis shoes are hot! Do you think I'm hot?!), I could tell that he was proud of this purchase, too.

+ I crafted! Well, if you count putting stickers on sticks as crafting... but anyway, I loved how it turned out! I got my vase at Target, sticks from my mom's, and heart stickers from Dollar Tree. I'm thinking I might keep the sticks and change out the stickers to shamrocks for St. Patty's Day... I know, SO crafty of me!  

+ (also not pictured for good reason) The Super Bowl! aka Finger Food Day! And Katy Perry! Truth: I totally teared up when she sang Firework and...um... when Missy Elliott came out on stage (ha!) yes, I know--I got issues! So many feels, though! Speaking of feels... how sad were the commercials this year?! Not sure how I feel about it yet.  

- - - - - - - - - - -

This may not seem like that great of a weekend, but it's one of the better weekends I've had in a while--food, shopping, exercise, semi-crafting, family and more food! What better way to bring in February than with some of my favorite things?

I didn't realize how much I love February until I started thinking about it.... Valentine's! The Walking Dead! Presidents Day (no school!)! Shorter month! + One month closer to graduating. Ah!

I like you, February.

 photo postsignature.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Can I take Shelby shopping? I'm pretty sure everything I buy falls into one (or more!) of those categories.

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS