Monday, February 9, 2015

Taco SaturDATE


Do you think a couple that intentionally puts sweatpants on before going out to dinner can afford $11 tacos? Let me rephrase that... do you think a couple that intentionally puts sweatpants on before going out to dinner is willing to spend $11 on tacos? I'll let you decide...

After seeing Masa Mexican restaurant pop up countless times on my insta feed + being recommended by one of my students, I convinced Chris that we should go try it on Saturday night. We weren't quite sure what to expect. Okay, that's a lie. I did know what to expect because I read reviews on Yelp and Urbanspoon, but Chris didn't because I "forgot to mention" that the reviews had the words "fresh" "organic" and "ambiance" in them--not the words we typically look for in restaurant reviews.

I knew it was going to be a little pricey, but I was expecting more like 180 Tacos pricey ($2 a taco at 180 Tacos is pricey to us Gourley's), not $11 for two tacos pricey! I will admit, they were yummy tacos (fist pump to whoever decided to put green apples on a steak taco!), but me and Chris both agreed they weren't that yummy. "We could both eat at Chubby's for the price of two tacos!" I guess we're just all about that Del Taco life.

So if you haven't already figured it out, the answer is NO--couples that intentionally put sweatpants on before going out to dinner are not willing to spend $11 on tacos. They are, however, willing to share one plate of tacos because they plan to go to Del Taco and Juice Press right after. Oh, and they're also willing to be in bed by 9:00 on a Saturday night.

Do you guys want to be friends with us? WE ARE COOL DANG IT!

 photo postsignature.jpg

p.s. 5 days 'til Valentine's Day!!!

4 comments:

  1. One time, Chad's friends were going to an expensive restaurant. We wanted to join them, but didn't want to pay for dinner, so we went to eat somewhere cheap beforehand, then just sat with his friends and chatted. I think I was pregnant, so we blamed it on that, "Michelle just can't do Thai food right now..." We maybe shared a dessert there. Lol.

    Going out to eat anywhere feels expensive when you're not with Tom G.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lolol! You know that I don't like to share food... but I seriously just couldn't comprehend tacos being so expensive! And so true about the Tom G thing... bless that man.

      Delete
  2. Hey at Del Taco, you can get tacos annnd fries. That's a pretty sweet deal in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to be friends with you guys! I wnat to be in bed at 9 pm and I wnat all the del taco fries in the world.

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS