Sunday, February 15, 2015

LOVE DAY!



After this weekend, I've come to the conclusion that Valentine's Day should just always be on a Saturday, because we basically got to celebrate Valentine's day for two days! And I'm all about twice the love + twice the food (Chris just gets me). I'm happy to say that this year I definitely felt the love...and I'm still feeling the food. I'm guessing Chris is too, since he just walked in and suggested we go on a cleanse (ha!). 

I feel like our Valentine's this year was pretty low-key, meaning that a good 75% of our weekend was spent in sweatpants. We started off our Valentine's weekend on Friday by eating at Apollo Burger--because we are classy like that-- followed by some cuddling on the couch and watching basketball. I also surprised Chris with some bath time crayons (Chris takes a bath every single day), which we now use to leave dirty messages for each other in the shower, again, because we are classy like that. 
I think the only thing not low-key was Chris' gift for me this year. I was so, so shocked + surprised on Valentine's morning when he brought it into me! All week he just kept saying, "So you're in charge of Valentine's this year, right?!" Chris must have known that the only other way to my heart (besides food) is makeup. I think Chris might be regretting setting the standard so high for Valentine's gifts after this year, though. 
Saturday afternoon was spent at Discovery Park with the Gourley gang, which was nice, because I'm pretty sure we would have just spent the day on the couch if we didn't have that excuse to get out and go play. After the park we went back to mama and papa Gourley's and had pizza, a Valentine's pinata, and cake for Tessa's birthday. 
After hanging out with the Gourley gang, we went home and (accidentally) enjoyed a 2 hour nap (romantic or what?!). When we woke up, the battle of "What should we do?" "I don't know, what do you want to do?" started. Luckily, I won that battle because Chris came up with the idea to go visit our spot, Tidbit. Unfortunately when we were driving up there, we realized that the road gate wouldn't be open yet, so we wouldn't be able to go visit our spot. At least Chris was "lucky" enough to remember his binoculars in case he needed to look for some turkeys. It also worked out for us because we got to go visit my cutest cousin in the hospital and her new baby boy, Ridge! (kickin' myself for not getting a picture with him now...)
The rest of our Valentine's Day consisted of a food crawl: Bam Bam's BBQ for Swachos (just do yourself a favor, and go get the brisket ones), Brassa's for some good ole street tacos (that aren't $11!), and then of course, SWIG, because hi! It's US. 

Speaking of us...I love us! There's no one else I'd rather be an "us" with than Chris Gourley. 

I hope you all were able to spend your Valentine's Day with your own Chris Gourley! And if you haven't found your Chris Gourley yet, keep lookin'! I'm sure he's out there... lookin' for turkeys or somethin'.
  
 photo postsignature.jpg

2 comments:

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS