Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas Highlights

It's so weird to even be talking about Christmas now that there isn't a single trace of Christmas left in my house as of 10 o' clock this morning, but I thought I should at least document some of the highlights from this year.


(from left to right)

+ On Sunday we celebrated Christmas with the Gourley's. My favorite part about celebrating there is watching Tom G give out the presents to everyone. You'd never take Tom G as the acting type, but he totally nails it every year when he yells, "Oh, Martha! We forgot some presents!!" It's seriously the best. Also, how cute are the batman pajama's all the boys got from grandma and grandpa?!

+ We were crazy enough to haul our king-sized mattress downstairs on Christmas eve so we could sleep by the Christmas tree. This idea was so cute and Christmassy on paper, but definitely not so cute and Christmassy hauling it down the stairs. I'm guessing Santa didn't hear me cursing under my breath while doing so, because I still woke up to presents!

+ Since Chris is a muddblood to Orem, he had never seen Sebastian's Christmas lights. So on Christmas eve, I had him drive past the amazingness. I think Chris was more interested in the neighborhood's average income, but he still enjoyed it!

+ I love Christmas eve at my parent's for two reasons: 1) the crazy amounts of finger food 2) my mom's gifts for the grandkids. I seriously don't know how she does it, but she manages to out-do herself every single year, including this year with the cutest little sleeping bags for all the kids! Also, can you see why I have her wrap my presents? She is the cutest!

+ My dad got Nerf guns for all the boys this year--the gift that just keeps on giving (...welts).

+ That last picture was taken before going to sleep on our mattress in the living room. I want you to take note of how happy and excited we look, that's because I thought we were going to fall asleep with the Christmas tree lights on (Chris put the kabosh on that reaaal quick), and we both didn't know our furnace was going to wake us up every single hour of the night. We're thinking it'll be easier to just bring the tree up to our room next year.

Obviously there were a lot more highlights to our holiday this week, but I was terrible at documenting. If I could go back, I would have been sure to capture Tom G sitting on the whoopee cushion and popping it, my mom tearing up at her Christmas present from all of us kids, and Chris' face when he opened up his gun safe from me!

Basically, we had an amazing Christmas this year (besides my fantasy of sleeping by the tree being squashed by our furnace). I hope you all did, too!

 photo postsignature.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS