Sunday, November 2, 2014

Welcome, November!

Hello blog world! I've missed you so much. *virtual hug*

If I had to describe the past week in one word, it would be.... well, it wouldn't be a very nice word. I'll give you a hint: it rhymes with kitty. Last week was just the pits. I'm pretty sure I failed a test that I studied my buns off for, I didn't have time to do any kind of exercise, annnnnd I was on my period, which of course makes any scenario 13x worse (like the fact that I couldn't spike the volleyball over the net in my team sport fundamentals class made me cry). I think this was the first week this semester that I really have felt the 17 credit load I've been taking--I don't recommend it to anyone. 

But enough feeling sorry for myself! Because it's November! Which is all about being thankful! And I already have a lot to be thankful for this month, so I'm going to get it all out of the way in one post instead of clogging your Facebook feed every single day this month with posts that start with, "Day __ : I'm thankful for... " because I'm pretty sure you'd get tired of reading that I'm thankful for Dr. Pepper and sweatpants and Chris.

Ahem, anyway...

I'm thankful for:

  • My cute niece, Morgan, asking me to speak at her baptism! It was nice being reminded of how awesome the Holy Ghost is. I also loved watching her be the example as the first Gourley grandchild to be baptized. My heart melted seeing all of her cousins gather around the font and watch her go under the water-so precious!

  • The fact that I got 10 hours of sleep last night. Bless you, daylight savings! 
  • Whit giving me The Fault In Our Stars movie for my birthday! + Chris agreeing to watch it with me, even if there was a lot of head shaking and eye rolling on his part. 
  • Our anniversary coming up this month! How the heck have we been married for almost 2 years?! Seems like just yesterday we were sneakily making out in his parents' basement ;)
  • The cold weather! Even if it has robbed me of any motivation I may have had to catch up on homework and fold laundry. I've been so giddy roaming through my house wearing a big fat hoodie and chunky socks! 
  • Chris' new job! I love having him home an hour earlier +  knowing he won't have to clean up homeless man poo off the sidewalk at this job.
  • The three rolls of toilet paper I stole from my parents for obvious reasons. Sorry, mom! IOU: 3 rolls of nice, thick, name-brand toilet paper! I wish I would have realized what a luxury that was before getting married...
  • Target. Again, for obvious reasons. But I'm especially thankful because when I went to pick up this scarf, the cashier gave me some $3 off coupons because the guy in the back getting my order took forever. 



  • Chris for agreeing to take this picture of me even when we were already 10 minutes late to church today. If you want to see something awkward, just watch me ask Chris to take a picture of me. But look at my scarf! Isn't it so fall and pinteresty?! It had to be documented I tell you! Had to!
  • Anyone who actually read this sad post. I will say though, blogging is like exercising--so fun and rewarding the more often you do it, but not so pretty trying to get back into it after a week and a half of not doing it. And I have done neither of those things for the past week and half so...hopefully this is the only thankful post you'll be seeing this month.

I'm sure there's a lot more I'll be thankful for during this month, but we'll just leave it at that for now. I'm so excited for November! It's probably one of my favorite months of the year! Let's pray it's better than my last week of October was.


 photo postsignature.jpg

p.s. I'm thankful for people who wear things two days in a row, because I know they aren't judging me for wearing that striped dress twice this weekend. I'm sure they're the same people who don't wash their bras very much, either. You guys are my kind of people.

4 comments:

  1. Um HI!!!! You are so stunning my dear! I just can't get over how pretty you are and how well you dress yourself...ugh. TEACH ME! I struggle with outfits.
    I failed my test too!! Wahoo! You are a tough cookie for taking 17 credits. YOU. CAN. DO IT!!!
    i love the cold weather too and am thinking of investing in a new coat! this 10 year old one might need to go.
    i've also been thinking about your anniversary! gah! i just loved your wedding!!!! you two are my favorite.
    and i didn't know you were supposed to wash bras other than once a year... so i guess this, along with our cafe rio commitment makes you my person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever, Rach! You are always looking so cute and fancy!! And you are definitely my person... Cafe Rio, not washing bras, and Evacuate the Dance Floor! Duh. Plus, we are both counting down the days until we're done with Kinesiology :)

      Delete
  2. Maybe I shouldn't have crushed you in Mario Kart last week... :)

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS