Sunday, November 9, 2014

TWO!


Two much fun
 Two fast
Two many laughs
Two silly
Two in love
TWO YEARS!


I know the first year is a big deal, but I think year two of marriage is so underrated! I feel like after year one you finally know how to live with each other + not fight about the dumb little things that you did in the first year (you all should be happy to know that Chris and I have not fought about syrup this year!). Yes, year two is bueno bueno.

When I first saw that our anniversary was on a Sunday this year, I was a little bummed, because what the heck do you do on a Sunday to celebrate your anniversary? But we ended up celebrating our anniversary basically all weekend, so now I'm convinced that Sundays are the best day to have an anniversary! On Friday we celebrated by going to Outback and eating way too many cheese fries (which I now know how many calories are in because of my portion control lesson I taught earlier this week :( #healthteacherprobs), and then we went and soaked in my parent's hot tub. Oh, and did I mention we were in bed by 8:00 that night? That's what two years of marriage looks like, folks. Pure bliss.

On Saturday we decided to get up early and go to Park City (because heaven forbid we miss our rec-league pickle ball game that afternoon!). That's where we spent our honeymoon, so it's kind of just become a  fun little tradition to go there each year. Before we went up to PC, we thought it would be fun to see if there were any restaurants up there that were featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, because we're obsessed with the Food Network and thought it would be fun to have lunch somewhere different than our usual Cafe Rio or Chubby's. We saw that Silver Star Cafe had been featured on the show, so we decided to try it. But when we pulled up on Saturday, they were closed! Boo. Luckily, the other restaurant featured on DDD was only 3 minutes away, so we ended up eating lunch at Sammy's Bistro, and oh my goodness it did not disappoint. I could sing praises to the Chivito Club Sandwich! My heart skips a beat just thinking about it.

We also tried to take our two year anniversary pic there, which required bringing in our picture from our first year anniversary, and then awkwardly asking our waitress to come outside and take a picture of us. Behold:

 All that awkwardness for nothing. To anyone wanting to do a picture like this for your anniversary, I suggest taking  the glass out and NOT having a glossy finish on the photo--it'll make the picture taking process a lot easier, which means your husband won't throw a fit when you ask him to take the picture 20 more times ;) Thank goodness for in-laws willing to take pictures!

The rest of our anniversary weekend consisted of mooching free meals off of Mama and Papa Gourley, hanging out with friends and family, and lots of snuggling/avoiding any productivity. In other words, it was the perfect weekend.

I'm sure I will say this every year, but I can't believe how the time has just flown by! It really seems like just yesterday we were walking out of the temple hand-in-hand ready to take on the world as Mr. and Mrs. Gourley. Well, if we're being honest, I wasn't technically Mrs. Gourley until about 4 months after we got married, because changing your name is such a beast, but that's besides the point. We've grown so much in just these past two years, and I can't wait to see what the rest of eternity holds for us! I love celebrating our love.... Here's to many more November 9th's!


I love you, Chris! And I love our love.

 photo postsignature.jpg

3 comments:

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS