Friday, October 24, 2014

Girl's Weekend

Last weekend was the estrogen-filled weekend I have been needing! All the girls in my family headed down to St. George to do some craftin' at my aunt Leslie's (Darin's wife). As much as I hate to admit, I'm pretty sure the crafty gene skipped me. Thank goodness for crafty aunts and cousins who help me when I attempt to craft, though! And by help, I  mean basically do everything for me (bless you, JJ & Jen!). 

However, I would just like to point out that I am capable of spray painting canvases! Which happened a lot last weekend--I loved how everything turned out! I'm kicking myself for not taking more pictures of the all the crafts done by everyone else, though. There were ladders, vintage suitcases, and whole pieces of furniture painted and distressed, growth charts, picture frames, and so many cute holiday canvases made! It's crazy to think all of that was done in two days in a garage... my family doesn't mess around when it comes to craftin'!

Because, SWIG! Would you really expect me to be in St. George and not stop?!



^^ One of my favorite crafts. My cousin, Jenica, is a pro when it comes to the vinyl machine!

As you can see, it was a pretty successful weekend. Well, besides the fact that Shelbs got pulled over on the way down (sorry Shelbs-documenting purposes!), but the rest was the perfect swirl of laughing and food and Dr. Pepper and glitter and no sleep. I can't wait for the next girl's weekend where I can harass my family members to supervise me as I craft! 

 photo postsignature.jpg

6 comments:

  1. shelby's. haha. so fitting. #dryshampoofordayssss
    also. your blog is still darling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! haha I'm the one who told her to make that ;) and thank you!!

      Delete
  2. Seriously, Shayli. Your "I can't craft" attitude can go die. You are a domestic goddess. The piece you made when I worked at IS is hung up at my house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! Compared to my relatives I'm not! But thanks, that makes me feel a lot better about my crafting abilities :)

      Delete
  3. Seriously -- you can craft for me anytime! Also, I must know where you got your sandals in the first picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly can't remember... they are Volcom sandals, so I'm guessing they're from somewhere like Pac Sun :)

      Delete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS