Monday, October 6, 2014

fed



^^Um, what more do I need in my life?!


Our weekend in one word: FOOD. 

It all started on Friday before the BYU game. Chris suggested that I go pick up Chick-fil-A (my thighs are clapping as I type that!) for us while he sat in traffic that made him swear. Fun fact: Chick-fil-A is literally across the street from our house, yet that was my first time going there (to that location I mean. Because what crazy has never eaten Chick-fil-A before?!). Virtual high-five for the Gourley self-control! 

Then we went to the BYU vs. USU game, which we're not even going to talk about because, *Jimmy Fallon voice* EW. But we can talk about the Costa Vida salad I pounded there! And maybe a handful or two of the Cougar Crunch? Keep in mind this is only hours after eating Chick-fil-A.... what was I saying about Gourley self-control?? 

At least on Saturday I managed to squeeze in a little run before Conference. Oh, and a double Champ sandwich from Ernie's. Last Conference session we decided to stop and get a breakfast sandwich for no real reason, it just sounded good at the time, and from there it's become a new Gourley tradition. Definitely more than okay with traditions involving food. Also, to top it all off, Chris brought me home a huge Dirty Diet DP from Swig, just because! Okay, okay, I may have guilted him into it. I'd just really appreciate it if you stopped by Swig on your way home from school, babe... no pressure, though! .

Then the rest of the weekend just turned into a huge blur of delicious food with chips and salsa and sour patch watermelon's and Chili's with the girls during priesthood session followed by crafting and Cravings Cupcakes! Which I think it's safe to say that I'm willing to put in more time into unwrapping a cupcake than crafting. 

Then when I thought my food-filled weekend couldn't get any better, we celebrated Mama Gourley turning 60 (sexy sixty!) with huge steaks and potatoes and everything else that usually accompanies manly man diets. Ah, pure bliss. Annnnnd now I'm realizing that it's taken me 4 paragraphs to tell you everything I ate this weekend... what posessed you to keep scrolling?! Is blogging about everything you ate the equivalent of instagramming everything you eat? If so, I'm sorry. 

Anyway, besides being so very, very physically fed this weekend, I was also spiritually fed. I seriously LOVE conference weekend. I think I enjoy it even more now that I don't have to watch it for a grade in seminary or any religion classes at BYU (what a blessed day it was when I completed all religion requirements!), and I can just watch it to reflect on my own life and find things I need to work on for myself. Also, can we just talk about how Elder Holland just nails it every.single.time?! I loved his talk so much, and basically every other talk given during the second session on Saturday. I'm kind of bummed I have to wait another six months for Conference, but I guess I'll have to keep my physical and spiritual appetite satisfied until then... wish me luck?

 photo postsignature.jpg

4 comments:

  1. haha this post is hilarious! I can't stop laughing about the cravings cupcake thing haha, probably because I watched you and know it's true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Elder Holland is "dope" in Kevin's word. He has a nickname... Jeffy... Kevin stated that conference should have their all star playing the whole game not just one play... Catch the drift?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you wish we could just look at pictures of people exercising and be free to eat whatever we want, and it would not count against us, because we looked at pictures of someone working out? #perfectworld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only if only! Ha I would even take just the being able to eat whatever I want and have it not count against me.

      Delete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS