Wednesday, July 2, 2014

my best friend is a four year-old?

If you read the title of this post and thought I was referring to Chris, I wouldn't blame you. After all, he is my manchild, but I'm referring to my nephew, Dash--an actual four year-old. Well, 55 months old, if we're speaking in mom. And no, that simple conversion from years to months didn't require finger counting and use of a calculator on my part, you big weird. Anyway, back to Dash aka Dash-man, Dashers, Pineapple, and most recently, "Night Rider" (he's in a motorcycle gang.. the kid is going places, I tells ya!).


Just so you know, this is not intended to be an "I love being an aunt" post, but more of a "Should I be worried that my best friends are my husband, sister, and now my 4 year-old nephew?" post. But guys, Dash really is my friend. He's the kind of friend that just lives down the street (literally), and is completely comfortable walking into your house and eating your food. He's also the kind of friend that shows up at your house in the morning to play Super Smash Bros. Well, for Chris he's that kind of friend anyway. 




Because I see Dash so much, I sometimes forget that he's my nephew. I really just think of him as my tiny human friend that I see every day, who is willing to run errands with me and eat the food I'm trying to get rid of from my cupboards. I think what makes it so easy to spend so much time with him is that he's just so happy and positive all the time--I love it. He's so outgoing, too. Chris is convinced that he's going to be student body president someday ha, which wouldn't surprise me since I can't take Dash anywhere without him making a new friend. Dash is just.... cool. Not just like a 4 year-old cool, but really cool. I'm dreading the day that it's no longer cool for him to be seen with his aunt, or to think that I'm funny, or want to ride in my car all the time. Is this what motherhood feels like?!? 

Stop growing up, Dash-man!

Anyway, the point is that I love that I've gotten to know Dash better and spend so much time with him just by living up the street from him. It makes me wish that all my nieces and nephews lived in our little town home village, so I could get to know them as well individually like I've gotten to know Dash, but I know that my grocery bill just wouldn't be able to afford that--I can barely supply enough gumballs and Tang for Dash as it is!

Okay, this was totally an "I love being an aunt" post--sue me. I can't help it! But are you also a little convinced that maybe I need to get out more? I'm blaming Grey's Anatomy...

 photo postsignature.jpg

7 comments:

  1. I lol'd at "you big weird." Do you love greys?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh I LOVE Grey's! I watched five episodes in a row yesterday if that tells you anything. . .

      Delete
  2. i seriously love your blog haha, you're too funny! and don't even worry, my 4 1/2 year old twin sisters were my very best friends in michigan when i lived there, oh and my 9 year old sister ;) little kids are rad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cass! I love your blog, too! Little kids seriously are the best! Happy and non-judgmental haha I'm glad you understand!

      Delete
  3. You are so hilarious.
    I didn't have a life when I watched Grey's. No gym, no friends. I couldn't wait to get home from work so I could watch it til 3 am. It's a serious problem...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is taking up my life! Everything reminds me of Grey's right now, too. And is it a problem that I have brought my makeup downstairs so I can get ready while I watch it in the morning?! hahaha.

      Delete
  4. Hello everyone i want to share a live testimony on how Dr Alex was able to bring my husband back to me, myself and my husband were on a serious breakup, even before then we were always quarreling fighting and doing different ungodly act..
    My husband packed his things out of the house and we had to live in different area, despite all this i was looking for a way to re_unite with my husband, not until i met Dr Alex the great spell caster who was able to bring my husband back home, Dr Alex cast a love spell for me, and after some time i started seen results about the spell....
    Today my family is back again and we are happy living fine and healthy, with Dr Alex all my dream came through in re_uniting my marriage, friends in case you need the help of Dr Alex kindly mail him on( solutionhelpcentre@gmail.com ) or call him on +2347036013351, Sir i will forever recommend you!!!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS