Monday, July 6, 2015

'MERICA

I never remember how much I love the 4th of July until it's finally here. Like, how can I not remember that BBQ's + family + fireworks make for the best day?!

This year we started our celebrations early by going camping Thursday night. Camping was a lot scarier, sweatier, and not-as-sexier than I thought it would be (my fantasies of Chris + I under the stars were crushed after poppin' a squat in front of him in the woods. hello 2+ years of marriage!), but the perfectly toasted s'mores by Chris made up for not being asleep more than an hour at a time!
Just look at that golden brown mallow!

We woke up bright and early on the third to go fishin' up at Strawberry on the pontoon with Tom G and others from the Gourley gang. I love this tradition! Mostly because I can justify slamming a fistful of Doritos in my mouth at 9 in the morning, but also because Chris is so chipper while fishing! + he's so cute when he lets the nieces and nephews drive the boat. 
Be still my heart.

Now for the actual fourth of July! I started my Independence Day as every American should: Diet Dr. Pepper! From McDonald's! And pulling forward in the drive thru because apparently making two more drinks requires a wait... I'm sure it's fine. Anyway, the rest of the day was filled with little victories such as getting Chris to put gel in his hair, wearing red lipstick, and managing to eat ribs, chicken, and a hot dog covered in mustard and NOT spilling on my white shirt. GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Then we went and watched the PG fireworks + hot tubbed. If you think watching fireworks is fun, try watching fireworks in a hot tub (you can thank me later).  

But wait! The celebrations didn't end there! 

Yesterday the Gourley gang got together for ice cream + a firework show courtesy of Mikey! We had some minor kinks, like Emily getting hit with a firework, but I think with a few adjustments this could become a Gourley family tradition! It was so fun and made it that much harder getting back to reality today. 

I think it's safe to say that after this weekend it's going to be a little harder for me to forget how much I love the 4th of July... 

America, why you so great?!

 photo postsignature.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Since you are Lightning fast at commenting on my blog (thank you eternally because comments make me feel COOL), I thought,"I bet she updated hers!" Score.

    I am dying at your "not-so-sexier" comment. I think you might love your husband more than I love mine because I refuse to go camping or fishing....shower and bed for me only!

    I heart this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did Mike dancing not make the blog?

    LOL. So glad you update. Sometime I'll post something on mine, but until then, keep recording family activities for my posterity's sake.

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS