Thursday, July 9, 2015

Lately around here...

+ our house has been coming together! I finally got Chris to start putting stuff back on our freshly painted walls, which actually wasn't that hard to do this time around since he's been looking for any excuse to use his new drill set ("babe, doesn't this make me SO manly?!"). You know when you get a dramatic haircut and every time you pass a mirror you're surprised about your hair? That's how I feel every time I walk downstairs. The power of paint is real people!

+ the universe has been telling us to STOP buying 1/2 priced shakes at Sonic. First sign from universe: our car dying there. Second sign: waiting 10 min for our order to be taken and then having a carhop come out and tell us that their machines aren't taking any payments. Third sign: our car dying there... again (Chris, turn the headlights o f f ). Do you think the numbers on the bathroom scale are a sign from the universe, too?

+ i've been loving all the rain + lightening! Is it too early to say the F word? Because F A L L is all I can think about with these storms going on. I know, I know... I'm weird. 

+ there's been a lot of homemade dirty diet Dr. Pepper + guilt. Mostly because I have the nerve to put it in one of my Swig refill cups. Oh, the shame! But, it's not you Swig, it's me. 
Actually, it is you--ain't nobody got money for that! + You keep putting peach in my DP instead of coconut.

+ Chris has been perfecting the rootbeer float. Thanks to mama Sanderson, Chris now has the perfect ratio of rootbeer : ice cream + rootbeer crystals! Oh, and the rootbeer for floats has to be Barq's--no exceptions. Floats have become a regular dessert at our house. 

+ (and now so our posterity doesn't think that all we did was eat this summer...) we've been going on walks. Most the time our walks end up at the baseball fields watching little league. Chris likes to remind me that he was "legit" at baseball when he was younger, and then after he's reassured me of that, his eyes start to light up as he thinks about having sons to play and coach sports with. It's pretty cute. 

 photo postsignature.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS