Wednesday, January 7, 2015

big girl pants (literally)


Yesterday was a day of firsts for me:

Student teaching + buying pants that make me look like a box. I'm not sure which one was more terrifying... 

JK. It was totally the pants. 

A classroom full of hormonal teenagers? Easy! Buying pants that aren't $8 from Forever 21? Terrifying! Not to mention frumpy. But that's okay, because the more I make my body look like a box, the more professional I look!  

Despite the frumpiness that is now my wardrobe for the next 14 weeks, I'm SO excited to begin student teaching! I've waited for this day for a long time, and now I can't believe it's already here! Last night I found myself waking up every other hour, and my mind would immediately go to lesson plans and seating charts. My heart would kind of freak out for a second, and then immediately flutter from excitement. We'll see what my heart's doing in a few weeks, though. 

Anyway, here's to putting on the big girl pants! Literally and figuratively. Wish me luck! And I apologize in advance if my blog turns into a "this is what happened at school today..." blog,  but not really. Because spending all day with hundreds of hormonal teenagers is bound to make for some good stories for the blog. 

Love,
Mrs. Gourley

 photo postsignature.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! I'm so excited for you. Basically every time I wear something other than slacks or jeans to work people are like blown away. Yes, I can get ready. No, I don't dress to impress the 12 year olds.

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS