Sunday, September 11, 2016

Never Forget

I know I was very young when this event took place (I was only 9 years old), but this day still stings for me. Like the rest of the country, I completely remember where I was and what I was doing that September morning. I remember seeing my mom staring at the TV and she just kept saying "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh..." I remember entering Mr. Andrus' classroom to all my classmates buzzing and asking "did you see the news?!" and then the principal calling over the intercom to the teachers to not discuss anything about it (but my teacher did anyway). I remember just being so confused... maybe a little scared, but mostly just confused. I think that's why this day stings to me... because every day after September 11, 2001, I started to understand more and more about what really happened that day.

It's crazy to me that 9/11 happened 15 years ago, it feels like only a few years ago. But it's even more crazy to me to think that I'm a teacher to students that were not even alive yet when it happened. Do my students even understand how scary that day must have been? Do they even care that their country was attacked? Will they "never forget" what happened that day? 

May September 11th always fuel our love for our country, our respect for those who serve it, and our desire to fight for peace in our world.

I will never forget.

 photo postsignature.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Great post. I was too little to even understand the significance of it. My mom had turned on the TV because my aunt Audrey called her and she just kept screaming that we were getting attacked. I can't even imagine how much more sickening that day would have been if I was a tad older. I'm excited to see the memorial in 27 days!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS