Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Quarter of a Century Club!

If I would have known that turning 25 was going to be so freaking fun, I would have acted more excited about it beforehand. I don't know why, but 25 just sounded so.... old er...mature? Not way old, but like, shooooot I'm old enough to rent a car + I should probably stop asking for suckers at the bank? But I'm over it, because 25 was probably my best birthday yet!

It all started last Thursday when I walked into a fully decorated classroom + presents from previous students and co-workers (all of whom know my love language is food). Oh, and if you ever want your birthday to feel really special, be a jr. high teacher--your students are more excited for your birthday than you are ("Do we have to do anything today since it's your birthday on Saturday?"). It also didn't hurt that I had the next day off from school.
Sadly, Chris was in St. George on my day off on Friday, but he totally made up for it with the vinyl machine that I sent multiple emails to him about a month in advance ;) Saturday (my actual birthday) started off with my most favorite, most artery clogging breakfast--The Champ from Ernie's! Then I took advantage of what I like to call "birthday Chris," and had him take me to Ulta to pick up my free gift there (makeup is my second love language) and then we headed up to Salt Lake to stay at the Marriott Hotel up by the U.
I had to say bye to "birthday Chris" when we got to the hotel, so that he could watch the BYU game. BUT the hotel brought up a beautiful tray of delicious food and I was able to play with some new makeup while the Cougs played, so I was okay with giving "birthday Chris" a break.
After the game was over Chris took me to one of my fav restaurants, Alamexo! Kind of pricey, but definitely worth it. If you ever go there please order the queso fundido! You can thank me later for it.
The rest of the night was spent shopping at City Creek and hot tubbing at the hotel. I really don't think I could have planned a better birthday than that. And it sounds so stupid to say, but I feel like this fun birthday and little staycation was just what I needed you know? I feel refreshed + recharged + more accepting of the fact that I'm part of the quarter of a century club.

With each passing year there's always one thing that remains the same on my birthday--Remembering how blessed I am! I have the best family and friends that always take time out of their day to wish me a happy birthday, and I am always so grateful for it (even if I forget to proclaim said gratitude on Facebook... oops!)

As you can tell, year 25 of life is already off to a great start! The only thing I'm not so sure about is giving up suckers from the bank.... that might have to be a half century kind of thing. We'll see.

Cheers 25, cheers.
 photo postsignature.jpg

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Shayyyy!! Also! Where is your BYU shirt from? I need it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've typed this 5 times.
    Happiest birthday to you!!! I'm so glad it was so great.
    I can't wait to be 25.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chad just said to me yesterday, "I can't believe you have a 25 year old sister in law who likes spaghettios." lol

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS