Sunday, June 26, 2016

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly: St. George + Vegas!

As you can tell by the title of this post, we went on vacation! Except this vacation was a little different for us--we went with just us two! Which I'm pretty sure hasn't happened since, um... our honeymoon? Is that bad?

Before we left, Chris kept calling this vacation our "trial run" to see if we really could spend that much time together and not get sick of each other. Spoiler alert: we still love each other. However, there were a couple of times when we both would look at each other at certain moments and mentioned something along the lines of needing a "travel couple." Mostly when I wasn't brave enough to ask someone to take a picture of us. Hence the very poor quality of snapchat selfies...

Anyway, St. George and Vegas were so, so much fun and just what we needed + our way of compensating for not going to Hawaii with my siblings. Enjoy the highlights from our trip! Whether it's the good, the bad, or the ugly ones.


THE GOOD: 
-Stopping in Fillmore to golf (Chris' request obviously) + driving the golf cart
-Peter Pan at Tuachan Theater 
-Nielsen's Frozen Custard (ask me how my clean eating went while on vacation I DARE YOU) + proving Chris wrong after he doubted I could eat a whole pint by myself (does he not know me??)
-Zion's--so beautiful!!
-Seeing "Now You See Me 2" in St. George
-SWIG (always)
-swimming with the Robinson gang!
-Chris getting a massage
-The Vdara hotel in Vegas. Holy nicest hotel I've ever been to + the pool there giving me all the heart eyes.
-Shake Shack! 
-The Variety Show in Vegas--so last minute for us, but so fun. 
-The al pastor tacos at Yolos 

THE BAD:
-Not realizing that the person playing Peter Pan at Tuachan was a boy. Totally thought it was a girl until intermission when Chris corrected me. Woops!
-Chickening out on the last stretch of the Angel's Landing hike. Two words --> hell.no. I'm still having panic attacks at night thinking about how high up there we were! 
-Someone pooping at the pool while we were swimming with the Robinson gang.
-Walking into someone else's room at the Vdara hotel. Think CSI episode and that's what it looked like--silver briefcase opened on the floor + clothes scattered everywhere + one random strappy gold high heel standing up on the floor... awkward. 
-That it was 109 degrees in St. George the whole time we were there.
-Getting sunburned. 

THE UGLY:
-Seeing not one, but TWO students at the swimming pool.... while in my bikini... UGH. SO MORTIFYING!! I took that as a sign from God that I just shouldn't wear bikini's anymore. 
-Tears that were shed up on Angel's Landing. Straight up tears of fear. 
-Nipple tassels because Vegas. 
-Coming back to reality. 


...and that's it! Short and sweet. Just like our trip.
Viva Las St. George + Vegas!!!

 photo postsignature.jpg

6 comments:

  1. I am judging your favorites from the good list by the exclamation marks. I'm glad swooning with the Robinsons ranks among Zions and the Shake Shack. we loved swimming with you guys...until the poop. still gives me the heebie jeebies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not my poop. or my kids poop. just to clarify. (but maybe it would have been less gross to me if it was my kids poop?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! I was going to guess which Robinson pooped at the pool. My money was on the crunchy one or the one who is self-potty-training.

    I never asked you how the Vdara was! I loved staying there!! It really was so nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Vdara was seriously amazing! I keep telling Chris I want to go back. Love love loved it!!

      Delete
  4. Your hotel looks so gorgeous!!! Wow what a dream to stay there! And I want to see Peter Pan!
    Nipple tassels - not okay.
    I REALLY want to do Angel's Landing but because of your experience I am reconsidering…? Are you afraid of roller coaster heights? Kevin is afraid of heights, I love them but he might cry?
    I have learned that I just straight up feel uncomfortable in a bikini hahaha. I'm THAT girl sporting the one pieces now…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Kev is afraid of heights I would not recommend this hike haha the last part was just too sketchy for me to handle. You should do the Narrows hike there! It's amaze. And yes I am very much afraid of heights, but not so much when I'm on a roller coaster :)

      Delete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS