Sunday, April 17, 2016

April 12th's...

Confession: I'm a huge what-if?! thinker. Almost to the point of ridiculousness . . .

What if I switched bodies with that random stranger at the store? What if I went back in time and stopped myself from eating Del Taco at midnight all the time? What if I wasn't a health teacher? 

And most recently . . . What if there were no April 12th's?! 

Usually when I have my crazy what-if thoughts, I never really intend on answering them, but when asking myself what if there were no April 12th's I started answering immediately. I know exactly what would happen (or wouldn't happen) . . .

I'd have no reason to make ABTS (Almost Better Than Sex) cake.
I'd also probably never set foot in Cabella's.
I'd never know that I was missing out on fried rice, Hawaiian haystacks, and Outback.
I'd also never know who the Spurs are, or when they are playing.  Actually, I'd just not know anything about basketball.
I'd probably never know how insurance works.
I wouldn't get my car's oil changed as frequently.
I probably wouldn't be as outgoing.
I wouldn't know how to play tennis.
I'd never go fishing or hunting for turks.
I wouldn't have someone to watch Modern Family every night with.

And the worst thing of all.... I wouldn't have my Chris Gourley! Or be able to celebrate the fact that he's been on this earth for 28 years now.
Phew! I'm so glad that my what-if?! thinking is borderline ridiculous and that I'll never truly have to worry about there never being April 12th's, because let's face it, life without Chris Gourley is pretty much incomprehendable + would be pretty dang boring + I really really like BTS cake.

So even though this blogpost is a little late (#wifefail), HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS GOURLEY!!! You are the greatest reason to celebrate April 12th. I'm glad we got to celebrate by going to Outback, surprising you with manly man stuff, and catching you doing yardwork (who does that on their birthday?!). Instead of being sad that you're getting older, think of it as an opportunity to get more birthday spankin's ;)

LOVE YOU x28!!!

 photo postsignature.jpg

1 comment:

  1. That cake was so yummy! Any reason for BTS cake is a celebration in my book.

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS