Wednesday, March 23, 2016

love pentagons + other jr. highisms

Have I mentioned that I LOVE being a jr. high teacher?! Because I do. I learn so much from those kids... and not just like the deep, meaningful, life lessons that Mr. Feeney teaches from his side of the fence, but also the really important stuff! Like that there are such things as love pentagons--you know, like love triangles, but more people? Apparently it's a common problem in jr. high, since I heard one of my student's complaining about it.

Love pentagons aren't the only thing I've learned from them, though. If it wasn't for my students, I'd have no freaking idea why they keep breaking into weird fits with their arms any time they make a basket or score in ultimate frisbee. Apparently that's called "dabbin'." Actually, come to think of it, I'm still not sure if I completely get it. Can we just go back to a more simple time and just do the stanky leg, kids?

Another thing I've learned is that jr. high kids are more than willing to keep their hand raised through three minutes of me giving directions just so they can ask a completely off-topic question. Example: "Um... do you wear contacts Mrs. Gourley?" "No." "Wait, really?! Weird..."

Man, you just gotta love those kids! They really can teach you a lot. Sometimes I think I might even miss them a little bit while I'm on my Spring break this week... sometimes ;) Speaking of which, my Spring break officially started at 3:30 when I got home today. This is what it looks like so far:
Just one more reason to love being a teacher...

I'd say this break is off to a pretty good start, wouldn't you agree? I've been telling myself I really really need to enjoy this break because after this one, I have no more breaks for two months (what are these 5 day work weeks!?).

Good thing I love the people I hangout with all day at work, huh?

 photo postsignature.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS