Friday, October 2, 2015

sometimes you just need a night ride

Obviously this is not the most flattering picture of me and Chris. But obviously it was taken on my new camera that Chris got me for my birthday (!!!). Oh, and remember how I wouldn't shut up about how September is my birthday month and then I didn't even end up writing a birthday blog post? For those of you wondering, my birthday was filled with Swig and Ulta gift cards + food + sweet messages from friends/family + students singing Happy Birthday to me -- such a good day! In fact, I'm pretty sure my birthday was really the only "good day" I've had for the past couple of weeks...

Why is life so freaking crazy right now?! Oh yeah, maybe because I'm still learning how to be a first year teacher + Chris is doubling up on classes + our cars keep breaking down (and our bank accounts...) + we're trying to find a house. I've been an emotional wreck. Seriously, just ask Chris and my tear-stained pillow how many meltdowns I've had within the last few weeks. According to Chris, we're in what's called, "the grind."

Speaking of Chris... I love that guy! For many reasons, but specifically because on Tuesday he got home from school early and suggested we go on a night ride on our bikes. That night ride was exactly what I needed (Chris time + exercise = a much happier Shayli), because after I had vented to Chris about all the sucky things that have been going on in our lives he said, "we just need to focus on being positive. Every day."

So that's what we've been working on this week. It's become our nightly routine to ask each other "What's one thing that was good about today?" and holy goodness it's already made such a big difference! I feel like I'm finally starting to get out of this funk hole I've been stuck in all September long, but who knows... maybe I just feel like that because I didn't have school today? Just kidding. It's totally because of Chris' optimism. What the heck would I do without my person?! Oh wait, I know! CRY. Like, all the time.

Thankful for Chris and night rides.

And diet Dr. Pepper (the official sponsor of this scatterbrained post).

 photo postsignature.jpg

p.s. I've missed you, blog world.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I can't wait for some school-story posts, too!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS