Monday, June 15, 2015

The weekend Chris got me to karaoke

Hello, blog world! This last week was pretty crazy busy for me. Mostly because I had to work through Victoria's Secret semi-annual sale (SAS) all week and get yelled at by a customer who just couldn't believe we didn't have the scent strawberries and champagne. How could Vickie's not have it?! The nerve! Oh, and did I mention I saw that lovely customer again this morning while I was out running? Because I did. And I totally thought of all the things I wanted to say to her for a good mile or two...I know where you live, strawberries and champagne lady! ANYWAY. Back to how this last week was busy!...er...busy by Summer of Shay standards anyway. But busy doesn't always mean bad!  My weekend was busy, but the good kind of busy!

I started the weekend off by taking advantage of the fact that Orem Summer Fest is basically my backyard and went to the carnival with my niece and nephew!
Right before we went on the gravitron ride aka Chris' worst nightmare (just spinning the whole time). I've declared Dash my new ride buddy! Just need him to grow a couple more inches before we go to Lagoon. Also, squinty eyes.

Then Chris got home from work early and we took advantage by going to dinner at Mama Chu's (note to self: remember you don't like the salsa there--spicy!!). Then we set out for our double date with Adub and Sarah for some fishin' up at deer creek, which basically turned into one big photo op thanks to me (and the fish that wouldn't bite). 
But I wasn't the only one posing for pictures! Adub and Sarah were in plenty of pictures, too....even if they didn't know about half of them that I took. But aren't they cute?! Sigh... I remember when me and Chris were dating and always had to be touching too ;)
Finally after the sun went down, we started gettin' some bites! It was so fun! I feel like we got to spend some good quality time together. And by 'we', I mean me and Sarah, since the last hour of the date was really me and Sarah talking to each other while Chris and Adub continued to fish as we slowly made our way back to the dock. ha! 

Not pictured (and for good reason): Saturday I went straight from work up to West Jordan to meet Chris at his work party that he was in charge of. He did such a good job putting a work party together!...and ordering more Texas Roadhouse food than needed so that we could bring the leftovers home--he just gets me. Chris had told me all week that there was going to be a karaoke competition at the party and that there were prizes for the winners, so I had a lot of time to mentally prepare myself to watch Chris and others sing karaoke (I get embarrassed for people super easily). The whole way up to the party I just kept cringing at the thought of singing, and had also mentally prepared myself to say "no" if anyone tried to pressure me into it. Yeah... that lasted for about 30 minutes at the party. The next thing I know, I'm singing All About That Bass in front of dozens of strangers while Chris is shaking his butt in front of them! I was relieved to see most of them laughing, but after about a minute their laughs were gone, and I started to become aware of how tight my throat was getting and  how long that song actually is. Ah! I get the tard tingles just thinking about it now! But the pain and suffering that is singing karaoke was worth it! Chris got his village baker gift card, and I got shaky hands the rest of the night. That's true love, guys! 

The only thing that was able to stop my shaking hands that night was coming home to my family and fireworks! It's sort of become a tradition to watch the Summer Fest fireworks from our house and eat treats with everyone. Seriously, I am going to miss our town home when we buy a real house someday... I love where we are at! 
Also, isn't this picture so cool? That was supposed to be me and Chris kissing with the fireworks behind us, but Chris immediately rejected the idea (I think I pushed my luck out on the lake the day before ha), so Koree it was! But for some reason, Chris let me take a picture with him AFTER the fireworks... stinker. 

And... is anybody still reading? I realize this is getting a bit picture heavy, but I guess that's just what happens when you have an awesome weekend that totally makes up for working at Vickie's during SAS. One more week, guys...one more week! I can do it... even if the thought of censoring another bra or recovering one more panty table makes my eyes water. At least I have plenty of candy from the cute "Semi-Annual Sale Survival Kit" Chris made for me to get me through the last week? Oh, and the thought of leaving for St. George on Friday helps, too. 

Anyway, I'd love to stay and dump more phone pictures on you, but I have some leftover Texas Roadhouse rolls to go eat...

Happy Monday!
 photo postsignature.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS