Thursday, June 18, 2015

Mudbloods & Mutton Bustin'

Fun fact about Chris: He is extremely proud that he is from Pleasant Grove. So proud, in fact, that he likes to refer to me as a mudblood whenever I try to act like I'm from there, too. Or if I question why he is turning down this street? The other way is quicker! That's the mudblood way, babe. You don't know. Just let a true person from the Grove navigate.

While I find Chris using Harry Potter terms super sexy, I have to put my foot down and correct him that I'm not a mudblood and he's a squib for even thinking that! Then I have to remind him of how much more PG my family is than his. Did your ancestors settle Pleasant Grove?! Were both your parents raised there? Were your grandparents Grand Marshall's for Strawberry Days?! Yeah, didn't think so! And you don't even order tater tots at Purple Turtle for cryin' out loud! Pleasant Grove is in my blood! I'm a pureblood through and through! And if we're getting real technical, he would actually be considered the mudblood since he was born to the non-Pleasant Grove parents... just saying.

To further my argument for my pureblood status, I'm pretty sure half my family was part of the Strawberry Days rodeo last night. What could be more PG than that?! Anyway, all Harry Potter related debates aside, we had so much fun at the rodeo! My grandma and grandpa Walker are the Grand Marshall's this year, so we got to watch them be wheeled around.

I also got to watch my stud nephew, Dash, do the mutton busting! Not going to lie, I was super nervous for him... especially after watching all the kids before him face plant into the dirt and/or get trampled by the sheep. Is mutton busting not kind of sick and twisted? Obviously not sick and twisted enough to stop it, or stop me from cheering on Dash when he came out! But just sick and twisted enough that I teared up watching some of the little kids get hurt. 

And should I just cut to the chase and mention strawberries and cream now? Because we all know that's the real reason you go the Strawberry Days Rodeo. Yes, I know you can buy the cream and make it at home, but it's just better at the rodeo amiright!? Same with the cheeseburgers. Nothing special about them, but they just hit the spot there. I'm sad we broke tradition and didn't get one this year, but buying Bryce starbursts instead made up for it--we're his new BFF's!
^Shelbs is stupidly hot. It's fine. And speaking of hot... she was also my designated swass checker. Coral is not a forgiving color!^

Even though it was so sticky hot and I didn't get my traditional hamburger, I'd still consider this rodeo a success! I love being with my family and watching guys fall off bulls and eating strawberries and cream! 

...because I'm a pureblood, damnit! 
And purebloods LOVE Strawberry Days! (and order tater tots at Purple Turtle)

 photo postsignature.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS