Saturday, May 3, 2014

Stop and Smell the Flowers





My Fridate was spent with my sister-in-law, Haley, tonight instead of Chris (he was out huntin' turkeys), and I'm so glad she decided to come to The Tulip Festival with me! Not only because she brought my cute niece, but she also agreed to drive through the crazy traffic! Winning. Plus, I just love being with Haley. She's just an easy person to talk to, you know? 

Anyway, tonight as we were walking around the gardens, I just kept thinking, Life is good. It's amazing that the most simple things can also be some of the most enjoyable things. As I was watching my niece, Evie, stopping to smell the flowers, I couldn't help but think about how I need to do that, but not as literally. I just want to enjoy the little things in life, and not just do things so I can take a picture and post it on Instagram or blog about it (which I'm very guilty of), but really just enjoy those moments, you know? I think it's time for me to put my phone down, and take a little more time to stop and smell those flowers I've been overlooking.

 photo postsignature.jpg

3 comments:

  1. This was my first year going to the tulip festival. Since I have a pass, I took my kids and just went by myself--I had no idea how crowded it would be! Caden kept saying, "Mom, you've got to get yourself together!" Because apparently I was getting a little too excited about how beautiful everything was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you love it?! I say we go together next year... early... and in the morning.. so it's not as busy ;)

      Delete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS