Friday, May 16, 2014

My Sister Wife

I would just like all of you to know that I'm not the jealous type. Okay, that was a lie. If you know me, I am completely the jealous type. Especially when it comes to easily tussled hair, thigh gaps, vacations, and those blessed individuals who sing well, but if there's one sure thing to ignite my jealousy, it's Chris spending time with someone else. Yes, it's just as awful as it sounds, but it's the truth. I LOVE TOO MUCH--sue me.

My jealousy of "Chris time" has slightly improved, though. I'd like to thank all of my sister wives for that. If you don't know what I mean, I'm referring to all the things I have had to learn to share Chris with--Clash of Clans, NBA playoffs, and Turkey Hunting. There is one sister wife I haven't mentioned though, and that's probably because she's the one I forget about until it's too late because she only shows up for a couple months out of the year. I've developed a love-hate relationship with her. Mostly hate. Here's why:

-She is very demanding. Chris has had to be with her every single day this week.

-She makes Chris late for dinner.

-She's all Chris talks about lately.

-She returns Chris all sweaty and dirty.

-She stresses Chris out sometimes.

-She keeps giving Chris more jobs to do.

-Sometimes Chris isn't enough for her, and she needs another guy there (usually Chris' friend Scott) to satisfy her.

-She interrupts our Fridates.

-She never comes to my house.


Yes, sprinkler jobs are the worst kind of sister wife. But I can't hate her too much since she makes Chris happy (most of the time) and helps pay the bills (and by bills I really mean our Disneyland savings fund). Plus, I can see where's she's coming from with wanting to be with Chris all the time.... Chris is the best and hardest working husband ever, so I'll cut her some slack.......this year.


The good news is that sprinkler job's turn is almost up. Then I'll be able to go back to just focusing on my hate-hate relationship with Clash of Clans...

Are you convinced yet that I would make the greatest sister wife ever?!

 photo postsignature.jpg

5 comments:

  1. Haha! I know one way to solve this problem ---> get into the NBA playoffs!!!! It's how I spend time with my Dad! I have always been so frustrated that my dad is a bishop, a boss and on community leadership things... I hate sharing him. The NBA is seriously how we spend our time together. Lame I know, but Basketball brought us together. ;) Besides there are so fine looking coco puffs on those bball courts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Cocoa puffs... :) I have actually enjoyed watching the playoffs! :) It's more that Chris is a lot more focused on the game than me, you know? haha I always try to have deep conversations with him while it's going on hahah I'm slowly learning that's a no-no ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're the cutest. And I totally agree about the whole taking time away from the husband.... except I don't like to call myself needy, I call myself Wanty instead. BIG DIFFERENCE! Also, I'm totally the jealous type. 100%. haha and also, how the heck do I follow your blog? I've been looking for the follow button with no luck... and then I have to type your blog in everytime I want to read it, and I just want you on my sidebar, okay?! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WANTY. That's the perfect way to put it... I'm going to have to start using that term :) Also, you can follow me on BlogLovin' (click on the heart icon in the upper left corner) but if you want me on your sidebar you're gonna have to put my URL in manually... if that makes sense? haha. Oh, and thank you for the Liebster award!!!

      Delete
  4. Also, I nominated you for a Liebster award! :) look at my blog for details :)

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS