Monday, April 1, 2013

Spring cleaning myself.


I have been full this Easter weekend. Full of....thoughts, tears, cadbury eggs, fresca, and um...cadbury eggs.

Me and Chris went to the BYU Easter Conference for date night (yeah, you read that right--gettin' spiritual over here!), and I actually was really glad we went. It was the perfect way to get ready for Easter. One of the speakers, Brad Wilcox, said some things I think I really needed to hear. It would be a joke for me to try and summarize all the great things he said, so I'm just going to quote the one thing he said that has been stuck in my head all weekend. 
"Turning to the Lord is not another thing to do, it is the only thing to do."
As soon as he said that, my eyes were full of tears, and my heart was full of guilt. You see, lately, I feel like I've had so much to do with school, nursing applications, and on top of those, trying to be the perfect wifey, with a perfectly clean house, and perfect homemade meals (curse you, pinterest!), that I really have felt like turning to the Lord is just another thing I need to check off of my to-do list. That simple sentence from Brad Wilcox made me realize that it's time to start worrying about things that matter, and keep an eternal perspective in mind.

So along with spring cleaning my house, I am going to try and start spring cleaning my attitude! Starting with keeping an eternal perspective. I also realized that I need to work on not getting so bugged about things I can't control. Actually, Chris is the one who pointed that out to me after I got really upset thinking that fast Sunday might be the same day as Easter this year. Who in their right mind would do that?! In my defense, I had just packed a bag of cadbury eggs into my purse. I should really consider spring cleaning my diet as well... SHOULD being the keyword. We'll see.

This Easter was a fabulous one for me and Chris! We got to spend time with both of our families. We celebrated Easter on Saturday with the Gourleys. We ate pizza, fed the ducks at the pond, had an Easter egg hunt for the little ones, and played red rover and steal the flag!






We celebrated with my family on Sunday at my grandma's. We had a weenie roast (weenie? weeny?- too afraid to Google that word), and an Easter egg hunt for the older kids. It wasn't an ordinary Easter egg hunt, though. Each egg had a number on it, which represented points. Whoever collected the most eggs with the most points won. It's a good thing Chris was on my team, because I only found two eggs which totaled to a whopping 23 points. So I combined my eggs with Chris', and we ended up taking fourth place! Fourth place got a $10 gift card to Subway. High-five for five dollar footlongs! 

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter, too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS