Sunday, April 7, 2013

Gone Turkey Huntin'

Ah.... I just love conference weekend.

What's could be better than  being spiritually uplifted in the comfort of your own home, in pajamas, while stuffing your face with food? Probably nothing. Oh, and on top of all that... two days without wearing a bra = heaven on earth.

After the last session of conference, Chris suggested that we go on a drive. Here's how the conversation went down:

Chris: (whisper) Hey babe, we should go on a drive and look for turkeys today.
Me: Okay. But I am NOT hiking for turkeys.
Chris: Okay, okay. We'll just go on a drive up the canyon and look for them.
Me: (sigh) Alright, let's go then.

After 15 minutes or so driving up the canyon...


Chris decides he needs to get out of the car to spot some turkeys. So I just wait.

Then he actually spotted a turkey! "C'mon, Shay! Hurry!"


I've never seen Chris so excited. Seriously, I never knew turkeys could bring so much joy to someone. I do have to admit, it was pretty cool. Even I got a little excited.

 Eventually that little bit of excitement led me to agreeing to hike up the mountain in search for turkeys. You know, the thing I said I was NOT going to do today. I'm sure Chris knew I would give in. That sneaky little devil.

Great hiking attire, right? Oh, the things I do because of you, Chris.

We actually did end up finding the turkeys, but it was just a quick, few seconds of them running through all the trees-totally worth it. 

I think my favorite part was Chris' excitement when he spotted all the turkey poo.
"Oh babe, we're close. That's really fresh!"

I think it's safe to say that I'm ready for some more turkey huntin' adventures. Minus the whole hiking in my pajamas thing.

3 comments:

  1. So... what happens when you find a turkey? Do you shoot it? I need to know the ins and outs of this stat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're me, you just open your mouth and and take big breaths of excitement and clap hysterically (while remaining silent). If you're someone like Chris, you probably shoot :)Haha maybe our next get together should be some turkey huntin' yeah?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! the turkey poo... lol.
    i love what guys get excited about.
    that's like my brother and seeing a lake with fish in it.

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS