Monday, February 19, 2018

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly: Sanderson Disneyland 2018


Three days at Disneyland and this is the best/only picture we got of the whole Sanderson crew... time flies when you're having fun? Or maybe I should just be honest and tell you that the chances of getting a family picture is slim to none when you're traveling with that many stubborn Sanderson men + it's their 4th day at a theme park?

Even if it's tough to get a picture of the Sanderson crew, that doesn't mean that this post will be lacking in pictures... you've been warned! And YES I'm already aware that the majority of these vacation pictures are of me drinking Butterbeer at Harry Potter World... that sh*z was so good... so I'm not even sorry about it.

OKAY! Disclaimers have been disclaimed! Let's do this- The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly: Sanderson Disneyland 2018!!!

The Good:
- The Sanderson kids on the flight! Everyone did so good! ( + JetBlue.. they won me over when they gave me a full can of diet Coke + endless leg room!)
- Grandma and grandpa Walker joining in on the fun.
- THE FOOD! Sadly, most of what I consumed was not pictured. Actually, it might be a good thing because you'd probably be convinced that my belly is 90% food and only 10% baby, which.... it probably is. But holy beignets, dole whips, churros, corndogs, monte christo sandwhiches, and pomme fries!!! 
- Going along with the food... eating at Cafe New Orleans was so fun! + Me and Chris were probably a little too grateful for the refillable Diet Cokes.
- Hitting the 3rd trimester mark on the first day in Disneyland! Never been more grateful or felt so magical.
- Our hotel being within walking distance of the park.
- Averi's outfits of the day.
- FROZEN show in California Adventure! So many feels.
- Watching my niece and nephews do the Jedi Training! Tears were shed... not only by me, but by Rylin when she had to go up against Kylo Ren. Ha!
- Radiator Springs... the biggest thrill ride I went on during the vacation. Freaking love that ride.
- BUTTERBEER AT HARRY POTTER WORLD! Frozen or regular... just give me the Butterbeer! Even Chris liked it.
- Watching Mitch at Harry Potter World... I've never seen my brother so giddy.
- Walking through Hogwarts castle. The details!
- The tour at Universal Studios.
- The California weather.
- Chris jumping into bed with me every morning to feel baby girl move.
- Fantasmic! Always.
- Experiencing Toon Town and Turtle Talk with Crush for the first time.
- Our "princess squad" on Saturday.
- My mom and dad giving all the grandkids a $25 giftcard to spend at Disneyland... so fun seeing all the nieces and nephews pick out a toy! + Picking out a hoodie for baby girl Gourley!

The Bad:
- Sleeping in separate beds at our hotel (Chris might not agree that it was completely bad though)
- No Diet Dr. Pepper anywhere to be found in Disneyland.
- Main street in Disneyland being closed + Paradise Pier in California Adventure being remodeled.
- Losing Chris' wallet in California Adventure.
- The World of Color. Kids were not impressed staring at adult sweaty bums for 30 minutes.
- Universal Studios. Not impressed besides Harry Potter World.
- The Krusty Burger at Universal... hahaha.
- The serious right tilt we had going on in Pirates of the Caribbean.
- Sanderson's not knowing how to work the stroller pass.
- Not getting pictures of our "princess squad" shirts the last day.
- Not getting enough family pictures in general.
- Grandma and grandpa not being scheduled on the same flight as us on our way home :(

The Ugly:
- My fingers at the end of every day. Straight up looked like corndogs (and not in a good Disneyland corndog type of way)
- Me ugly crying because of losing Chris' wallet (BUT! It was immediately turned in to guest relations and my prayers were answered. Never underestimate the magic of Disney!!)
- The showers not draining in our hotel room...
- The amount of refined carbohydrates I consumed on this trip.
- Coming back to reality in freezing cold Utah.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Obviously, the good far outweighed the bad or the ugly on this trip! Which is exactly why I've been trying to think of a way to convince Chris we need to go back to Disneyland like yesterday. Chris has already told me we're not going until our first born is at least 8 years old... but I'm going to keep believing in the magic that is Disney. I love Disney, but I love my family even more, so I'm SO happy we got to put the two together and go on this epic trip that I will always remember!

Until next time, Disneyland (hopefully sooner than 8 years)! You will be missed. I only ask that you don't have main street closed down next time + maybe quit raising your prices? But that's it! 

1 comment:

  1. So far so good i give thanks to Dr.Ogudugu for great work he did for me during my time of distress, And i have never seen anything that works so fast and so effective like the spell that Dr.Ogudugu cast on my lover which brought my lover back to me. Here is Dr.Ogudugu details: greatogudugu@gmail.com or WhatsApp No: +2348139793075 for further inquiry and assistance.

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS