Wednesday, March 14, 2018

High Fitness (Find Your Happy!!!)

This is my "I workout while I'm pregnant, so I better let everybody know about it + so please validate me for working out while pregnant post."

Jokes.

... but we all know that person, right?

I would almost consider myself that person if I didn't have this bad habit of grabbing a donut (specifically square donut from Lehi bakery!!!) and Diet Dr. Pepper right after my High class every Saturday morning... ha. Don't worry, though...because Chris is totally on board with that routine because a donut + a caffeinated beverage is the magic concoction to make me have what we call a "productive AF" Saturday!

ANYWAY, sorry to get sidetracked by donuts/caffeinated beverages! The real reason I started writing this post was to declare my love for HIGH Fitness!
First of all, if you haven't been to a HIGH class yet, you need to - like yesterday! Holy endorphins! So many feels! It's not a rare occurrence to find me tearing up during the warm-up (even when I'm not pregnant). I JUST LOVE HIGH FITNESS OKAY!? Annnd maybe my body doesn't quite know what to do with any emotion besides cry?

But really, as I was coming home from my workout the other night, I couldn't help but get a little emotional thinking about what HIGH Fitness has done for me these last couple of years.

In February of 2016, I remember just being so sad + discouraged after trying to get pregnant for almost 8 months, and then finding out I don't ovulate. I remember reaching out to my friend, Jenessa,  telling her I need a friend in Lehi and that we should hangout and that's when she said, "I have been obsessed with this HIGH Fitness class... you should come try it!"If you know me, you know I am not usually a "yes" type of girl (I know I'm the worst), but this is one of those things I actually said yes to and I'm so grateful I did - I was hooked after my very first class!

Pretty sure it was love at first... burpee? But really! I remember the music just being so fun, and the choreography was so simple + easy to follow. It was such an empowering class! I loved how I felt after and I loved that the class environment was so welcoming. Two years later, and I still feel like that with every class... it never feels like a competition or you're being judged. It's just a bunch of awesome chicks looking to have fun and get their sweat on + trying not to pee their pants.

It may seem like I'm getting sappy and emotional about a fitness class, but that's only because I'm getting sappy and emotional about a fitness class. I'm sorry, I can't help it! HIGH Fitness came into my life when I feel like I needed it most, and it has been a constant ever since!  I am forever grateful that I was introduced to something that I could always look forward to even while going through some of the most difficult things I've ever been through in my life. I love how it makes me feel physically/emotionally, I love all the women I've gotten to know from class, and I love that I've found something that makes me feel like... ME! Most of all, I'm just grateful I found something that makes me truly HAPPY!

Okay, I'm starting to realize that this post is getting more lengthy + sappier than a lot of my posts about Chris... so I guess I just want to end by giving you my unsolicited advice:

Find YOUR happy!

I hope it's HIGH Fitness... but if not, that's okay! Just find something that you can always look forward to. Preferably something that gets you moving and sweaty. Maybe it's weight-lifting or Zumba or walking your dog... whatever it may be, just make sure it's something for YOU.

...and then top it off with a square donut + caffeinated beverage.

NOW GO FIND YOUR HAPPY, GIRL!


- - - - - - - - 


Okay, please forgive this what I'm now just noticing very scatterbrained post... it obviously sounded a lot more motivating and uplifting in my head post-HIGH the other night. Endorphins + my weak blogging muscle don't make quite as lovely of a concoction as donuts and caffeinated beverages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS