Saturday, July 30, 2016

No Summer Slump Here!


This weekend was the annual Sanderson "campout" in my parent's backyard. I think the term "glamping" would be more appropriate for what we actually do every year, since our "camping" usually involves the popcorn machine, pizza, outdoor movies, and wayyyy too many yummy treats. This year we added a money dig to our glamping traditions, and it did not disappoint. Who knew that watching my nieces and nephews sift through a ginormous pile of confetti could be so fun? And if we're being honest, it wasn't very long before all the adults were sifting through the confetti, too. 

After a late night of watching MegaMind outside, roasting s'mores, and sleeping in a tent, we woke up the next day and headed to Wayne Bartholomew Park in Springville, which was so cute! Fricken freezing water, but so cute! One of my favorite sights was watching Chris paddleboard with Talon to "go get the ducks." 
Of course after our time at the park, we made our way to Mooyah's (my most favorite burger ever... bless you, Mooyah's and your amazing fried onion strings), because even though we had spent the last 24 hours shoving our mouths full of pure junk, we still felt the urge to go eat there. I love my family. Ha. 


For the past couple of weeks, I've been thinking about how at almost every year around this time I get into my "Summer slump," where I start fantasizing about fall, and all summer seems to be to me is too much heat, too much swass, too much of not having a set schedule, and too much boredom... but not this year! Quite the opposite. Except for maybe the too much heat + swass stuff. I keep finding myself getting super sad at the thought of summertime being over. Like, can't I just watch fireworks + go fishing with Chris + hangout at Lehi pool for forever?! 
I'm sure once I'm back teaching I'll be happy + excited + super motivated to be a kick-A teacher, but right now, I'm just trying to soak up every last bit of my Summer of Shay I have left, because life has been pretty dang good this summer and I truly am not ready for it to end! I'm glad I still have hanging out with the Gourley gang in Park City this next week to look forward to.

Long live the Summer of Shay!!!

 photo postsignature.jpg

1 comment:

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS