Thursday, January 14, 2016

Norman "Jiggs" Sanderson

My grandpa Sanderson passed away this last Sunday.

I miss him.

Even though I miss him and will continue to miss him, it's so comforting to know that he is finally reunited with his sweetheart, grandma Sanderson. Chris and I were talking last night about how grandma and grandpa were just a pair. One couldn't (or shouldn't) be without the other--it just wasn't right! But now they are back together, and all is right again.

I'm grateful for the time I got to spend with my grandpa. I will always cherish the memories of sleeping over at my grandma and grandpa's house--kneeling down for prayer on the blue couches, watching old movies, and waking up to grandpa's ham and cheese omelettes (the only omelettes I have ever really liked) and Mickey Mouse pancakes. Now I get to cherish the most recent memories of my grandpa, which involved longer hugs and lots more kisses + always saying "Love you" multiple times before leaving.

I can't wait until the next time I see him. I think it will be very familiar to me. I picture him and my grandma just waiting together and smiling and saying "howdy!" as I approach them, and then just having that warm, calming feeling take over (something I already miss).

But until then, I can look forward to telling my future children about the amazing man that was grandpa Sanderson + keep seeing him in my dad.

I love you, grandpa! Give grandma the biggest hug for me.

 photo postsignature.jpg

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so great that you have such awesome memories of your grandparents!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS