Thursday, March 12, 2015

Thursday-ness // a happy list

Thursday's are kind of bittersweet for me.  I hate that I have to wait until 11pm for Chris to get home from school, but I also kind of like the fact that Thursday has turned into "my day." Meaning, I can spend 8 hours with just me (Shayli likes Shayli) and do whatever I want and have no one to answer to...is that bad to say? But today I decided to spend "my day" with my best friend, Whit. Oh, and my family, because let's be honest, that's really who I'm with when Chris is gone. Hence, a happy list! 

But first, the struggle that is taking a picture in the blinding sun, and not being on the same page when taking pictures ("Wait, we're taking a "cute" picture now, right?)

+ Getting amazing feedback from my teaching adviser this morning (apparently it's good to talk about your Pinterest board to your class). 
+ Pulling off a fake pop quiz for my students to introduce the topic of stress management. I was able to keep a straight face the entire time! But I'm still shaking from the stress of deliberately being mean.
+ Going to The Hot Potato* because you're a duh face and forgot to bring your temple recommend/clothes to go do a session with Whit. 
+ Getting extra fries AND an extra shake because the waitress at Hot Potato could not get my order right (that I put in on an ipad). 
+ Getting the following text from my mom: 
"Where are you today? I have a drink waiting for you. (my love language)
+ Taking a long, hot bubble bath + listening to a playlist that consists of Cher, Whitney Houston, and the Hairspray Soundtrack (making mama Sanderson proud). 
+ Being in bed BEFORE Chris. So rare around these parts.
+ Not having to plan a lesson for Friday. Ah, bless you A/B day schedule. 

 photo postsignature.jpg

* My thoughts on The Hot Potato... great concept (it's like a fry bar! choose your style of fry + seasoning + sauce), decent food, terrible service. Oh, and their chili cheese fries aren't as good as Del Taco's. But let's be honest, nobody's chili cheese fries can beat Del's. Also, raise your hand if you think Swig should start serving french fries! Rant over.

1 comment:

  1. K but really My hand is raised!! swig + fries show me the money

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS