Tuesday, March 24, 2015

March Madness

While there has been way more basketball watched in our house this month than I care to admit, this post is not about basketball--despite the misleading title of this post. No, this post is about the madness that seems to have been our life this past month, a "life-update" post if you will (we love those, right? Indulge me!).

This whole month has just been kind of a blur. Between Chris playing on 4 different sports teams + getting a new calling in church,  and me finishing up my last month of student teaching, I feel like there hasn't been a whole lot of time for anything else. I can't remember the last time I ate anything green/grew from the ground + was on a regular sleep schedule. Truth: I took five naps over the weekend. I also slept over 26 hours, which Chris was kind enough to point out to me after my nap on Sunday. I guess that's what happens when you stop sleeping during the week (something I will not miss about student teaching).

But let's be honest, the real madness started this last weekend after I bought two bags of Reese's eggs. I tried so hard to stay strong and not purchase any Easter candy until next week, but Target got the best of me (as usual). Those eggs in the bowl are all that remain, which I'm sure it's safe to say will be gone by the end of the night. Sorry swimsuit season, but I regret nothing. NOTHING! (...yet)

Also, Chis was kind enough to remind me that he hates fake flowers because they "look tacky." Probably not the best thing you want to say to your sleep-deprived wife during March madness, dude. Just saying.  (...But is Chris right? Are those flowers tacky and I just don't see it?? Help a sista out!)

Anyway, here's to making it through the last few days of the madness we're calling March! Which I guess I shouldn't complain too much about, because I know it's only going to get crazier with graduation and applying for big girl jobs.  *mini heart attacks* I wonder how many Reese's eggs it's going to take to get me through that?

 photo postsignature.jpg

Update: There's only one Reese's egg left in the bowl... Chris better know how much he is loved.


6 comments:

  1. Chris can easily solve the problem of the lake flowers and buy you a real one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally thought they we're real. You're good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the flowers! Why buy real ones that just die in 2 days anyway... and the reeses... What is in those stupid things that make them so addicting!! Whatever you do.. do not freeze the little ones and do not, I repeat do not try the ones that are flat on the back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Freeze?! I'm definitely going to have to try! And it's all good, J! I've already apologized to swimsuit season ;)

      Delete
  4. I thought they were real flowers. And I love fake flowers so...

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS