Friday, June 21, 2013

Half Marathoning.

If you follow me on Instagram, you may have noticed I ran my half marathon this past weekend. What you may not have noticed is the fact that Chris got up at 4 in the morning (you read that right, FOUR!) to drive me to American Fork High School to catch the bus--I think it's safe to say that's the first and last time that'll ever happen ha. Wanted: running partners. Now accepting all applications! 

But seriously, if you run, we should be friends. I'll promise to remember to put on deodorant and brush my teeth before our runs! and keep my loud breathing and passing of gas while I'm running to a bare minimum. Promise!

Anyway, moving on to better things! Like the half marathon! This was probably one of my favorite races I've ever ran (I like to act like I have ran a lot of races and know what I'm talking about when it comes to running, when really, I've only ran 3 other races. Hashtag running a marathon problems). The race was so beautiful! It didn't hurt that it was practically all downhill either. Although my  back might disagree with that statement.

I think what I enjoyed most about this race was that it really opened my eyes to the world of cancer. At the beginning I felt like such a running-for-cancer impostor because no one in my family is suffering, or has suffered from cancer, but then I thought of the few people in my life that are suffering from other illnesses. It's just devastating. Not only for the sufferer, but for all the family and loved ones that have to witness it. I was just filled with gratitude the whole way down the canyon, and I got to learn first-hand how hard it is to run underwater--I was in tears the whole time! 




Even if you run 13.1 miles... you're still on mother duty.



I love knowing that no matter what kind of trial I'm going through, whether it be a life-threatening illness or shoot, even something as simple as a bad hair day, I have one of the best support groups ever. 

--------------------------

the best things in life aren't things

3 comments:

  1. Shay! As soon as I move home, I'm your girl!! I want to run, run, run. You might have to endure a few slower runs until I can catch up with you though:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TOR! Oh my, whatever! Miss track star in high school ;) I would LOVE to run with you! Seriously, when you're home, call me! And just because I run races does not mean I am fast haha so I'm sure you have nothing to worry about :)

      Delete
  2. I'd like to apply. Except you kick my trash every time. But really. Id like to be considered.

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS