Thursday, June 13, 2013

cheers June, cheers.



I feel the need to confess my love for this month of June because man, it has just been so daggum good to us Gourleys! It's not even half way through and it's got me writing love letters to it. So, what does June mean to me? Let me tell you (in bullet form!).   

June means:

+Discovering the ultimate mix of frozen fruit from Costco (there is pineapple AND mango in it, people! winning.) and making a smoothie every.single.day. maybe even twice a day. Since you're all dying to know what the secret ingredient is in my smoothie, it's just an expired (expiration dates mean nothing to Chris, and I mean n o t h i n g--the kid made an egg salad sandwich with expired mayonnaise) bottle of pina colada mix that we got as a gift from our wedding... ya know, seven months ago. No worries! The smoothies are worth any food borne illness we may acquire from them.

+My sister turning 20 years old! And me attempting to be crafty... what?! I don't know what's more shocking... the fact that my little sister is not a teenager anymore, or that I actually MADE her gift this year? Don't worry Shelbs, I bought you some sandals to go with your homemade gift ha.

+Almost sinking a pontoon boat up at Strawberry. If you ever want to hear Chris swear, just sink a pontoon boat, and make sure he is in the front when all the lake water starts gushing in. Other than our boat almost sinking, camping was really fun with our friends up in Fruitland. And by camping, I mean staying in a cabin. We weren't even there for 24 hours and the truck was filled to the brim with all our stuff--food was definitely a priority (as it should be). 

+I'm running another half marathon! Except this time I won't be dressed up as what was supposed to be a zombie, but ended up just looking like a more homely, tired, just-rolled-out-of-bed Shayli. Actually, I'm sure that's exactly what I'll look like. Yay for 4:00am bus rides!

+Lunch dates with Lauren, and discovering the greatest tacos known to mankind. These tacos left me speechless. That last sentence was a lie. I can't and still won't shut up about these tacos. I just want to fist bump the creator of the carnitas tacos so hard! So just go to the Blue Poblano on center street in Provo, okay? Truth: I went there TWICE within a 72 hour span.

+Spring semester is coming to an end! Which really means my sweaty backpack lines are coming to an end! Not even my 8-10 page final paper can bring me down. 

+Strawberry Days! aka the only time of the year I eat strawberries, and that's only because they're drowning in cream. I live for the crappy burgers and excuse to wear cowgirl attire (rodeos are the only acceptable setting in which a full grown woman is allowed to wear her hair in pigtail braids, le duh) that comes from the Strawberry Days Rodeo.

+MEXICO! MEXICO! MEXICO! I better say it one more time for good measure.  MEXICO! In less than two weeks me and all the Gourley fam will be in sunny Cancun. Words can't even express how excited me and Chris are to go. Truth: We were late to church on Sunday because we spent so much time looking at the virtual tour (http://www.valentinmaya.com/phototour.htm) of the resort we're staying at. Is that horrible? Probably. That's why I am not Relief Society president. You best believe I've already got my spot at the pool picked out. Chris has also informed me that this will be my first real vacation with TomG (my father in- law), because apparently vacationing is a little different with him. I've already gotten a little taste of it with my perfectly laminated travel tag to put on my luggage--Tom is efficient, to say the least. I kind of love it. I'm anxious to see what else comes along with traveling with the Gourley gang! I know it's going to be magical laying out on the beach, with a strawberry daiquiri in each hand (I have a feeling Cancun is a bad idea for the thighs). Ah, MEXICO! Please come sooner.

cheers June, cheers.

3 comments:

  1. Me and my thighs can't wait for those pina coladas.

    You know we called our Hawaii vacation of 2002 "Tom G Bootcamp" right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha NO! I did not know that! Oh man... Mexico is going to be quite the trip! And I think your thighs need a little more pina coladas.. you are tiny, Michelle--dibs not laying next to you on the beach! haha.

      Delete
  2. Hahaha. Love this!!! So exciting! And we made hot zombies if you ask me... especially by the end when our make up was mixed with sweat.

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS