Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Just a tidbit about Chris.

It has been over one week since Chris started his new job!

Chris went from being a program coordinator at Primary Childrens Medical Center to being clinic manager up at the North Temple Clinic in Salt Lake! 

I am beyond proud of him.

Chris is one of the hardest working people I know, and I'm not just saying that because I'm his wife. 

I don't know about you, but if I had to drive up to Salt Lake and back every day, I would make a beeline for the couch as soon as I walked through the door. 

Not Chris.
What does he do?

More work.

He'll walk in from work, change his clothes, and then just start working on little projects around our house!

I can't help but love and hate this quality about him...
Love that he works so hard, hate that he doesn't take time to relax for himself or with me (and yes, I am aware at how selfish that sounds, and probably is).

This is why I know this new job is stretching him quite a bit. As soon as he walked through the door on Friday, I could just see it on his face.

stress.

As soon as he got home from work, he just went straight up to bed, where a couple of minutes later I found him zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz'n (sleep is the way he deals with stress).

That's when my wife-heart kicked in, and going to watch him play ward ball that night didn't seem like such a tragedy anymore, even if it was on our "date night."

What I realized as I watched Chris play ward ball was that not once did I hear him complain about his new job the whole week. Not once.

Then I fell in love with him all over again.


And to top it all off, this guy took me to Chili's and a Jazz game the next day!

I am so blessed to have such a hard working, optimistic, loving husband.

3 comments:

  1. Shayski! I'm so glad you commented on my blog, because it means now I know about yours! You are just the cutest, and I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks, Britt! I'm so new to the blogging world. Maybe someday I'll have a cute blog like yours ;) I hope you and Kyle are doing good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little projects around the house when he gets stressed???

    Oh my gosh---he's TOM G!!!

    (And I am beyond proud of him, too.)

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS