Thursday, December 14, 2017

our mattress is in the living room again...

... except this time it's not because life sucks (read about that here) + we have a cat to join us on it this year (although Chris might consider the fact that we still have a cat a little sucky)!

Life is actually bueno bueno right now. I mean, Christmas break is sooooo close + Sodalicious has a peppermint chocolate cookie + there's a new package on my doorstep on what feels like every other day with Christmas goodies (slowly accepting the fact that I am in charge of my own Christmas presents from Chris) + I discovered Bath and Body Works Coconut Mint Drop shower gel -perfection!

I think the only things that might be putting a damper on life right now are that I have to wait two more weeks for another episode of This Is Us + Leah Remini's Scientology: The Aftermath is over. Like, what am I supposed to watch on my mattress that's in the living room?!

But in all seriousness, I am so so SO grateful that there is a mattress in my living room and it's NOT because life sucks right now. Last year at this time I was so sad + discouraged + just felt so... low? Not to say that this year hasn't been difficult or sad, but last year I just felt so hopeless and so miserable. I'm so grateful to be out of what I like to call the funkhole of 2016! Chris is grateful, too. I think that was one of the hardest parts about being so miserable... it totally effected (affected? I hate that I don't teach English sometimes) Chris.

But here we are now! Funkhole-free! Anxiously awaiting to see what 2018 will bring... definitely hoping it will end with us on a mattress in our living room because life has been good. 

...and I'm really hoping Lupin is still on our mattress in 2018.




p.s. Go get the peppermint chocolate cookie from Sodalicious already!





No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS