Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Goodbye Summer of Shay

I really thought that going back to school today and setting up my classroom would make me more excited to get back to my teaching gig and have all the motivation in the world to be a kick-A teacher this year. . . but it didn't. I'm still very much in Summer of Shay mode.

What are pants? 
What's the date today?
What's the password to my school email again? 

It's kind of hard to be in school mode since I had a pretty good send off this week from the Gourley gang. Monday we went to the pool (my second home this summer) and had pizza and nachos for lunch! (Thanks, Gourley girls!)

And if pool day with the Gourley gang wasn't enough. . . On Tuesday, me and Martha had a movie marathon day! Three movies + two Swig drinks snuck into the theaters = one epic day! I think this might need to become a tradition!

Can you blame me for not being in teacher mode yet? This Summer of Shay has been so good to me! Like, SO good. But I guess it's time to trade in my pool bag for my backpack and my flip flops for tennis shoes (life of a PE teacher is super glamorous-obviously). I'm thinking once I'm with my students again the teacher feels will come back, but for now, I'm just going to mourn the ending of a great summer.

Sigh... I will see you in 10 months, Summer of Shay. It's not too early to start counting to Christmas break, though.... right?!

Ready or not, here we go 2016-2017 school year!

 photo postsignature.jpg

1 comment:

  1. But seriously...this summer at the pool has been the best. I can't believe it's over!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS