Saturday, August 24, 2013

Friendship and Fitness: Bridal Veil Falls


It's Saturday. I'm blogging. I feel like I only blog on the weekends. I can assure you though, it's not because I'm incredibly busy on weekdays. Unless you consider sitting at work and looking at pinterest all day busy?  No. Maybe I only blog on the weekends because I love putting off cleaning my house, or laying in my bed bra-less while I type stories that involve me being productive and posting pictures where I look semi-socially acceptable? That's not a maybe, that's a definitely. Anyway, enough of my excuses for not blogging very much. Onwards to my adventure with Whit today!

---------------------

Me and Whit have been going on bike rides once a year since high school. Once a year mainly because that's about how long it takes for my crotch to recover from biking. Woof. After today, I'm almost thinking it's worth investing in some padded shorts. Anyway, me and Whit decided to ride to Bridal Veil Falls. I honestly don't think I can get sick of that trail. It's so beautiful. 





On the way up to Bridal Veil everything was going fairly smoothly. We were going at a decent pace and only got passed by one group of bikers. You know, those groups of bikers that all wear the same outfit and take up the whole road when you're driving up the canyon and you kind of hate them for a minute? Yeah, we only got passed by one of those groups, which made me feel better about myself and my biking skills. 

As for on the way down the canyon.... not so smooth. First, let me just tell you that I already really struggle on bikes(hence, the reason I'm a runner). Apparently, I had forgotten that and developed new confidence in my biking abilities because I became so confident that I took one hand off my handlebars and was able to fish around in my sports bra for my phone that was sliding everywhere while zooming down the canyon. Side note: it's a sad realization when you have enough room in your sports bra for your phone to wander around and get lost. As soon as I had retrieved my phone and looked up, Whit had pulled off to the side of the trail to get a drink, so I immediately slammed on  my breaks. More specifically, my front breaks. Oops. The next thing I know, I'm flipping over the front tire and yelling out curse words while the world around me is spinning in slow motion. It's too bad that Whit wasn't looking when I crashed, because I'm sure she would have had a good laugh. Luckily, it was only my shin that really got scraped up. Seriously though, I'm lucky.



Once I washed up my cut a bit, we started biking back home again. Except my bike started sounding weird and I was still a little shaken up after experiencing what the guys in Jack Ass and Nitro Circus do. So I made Whit pull over and look at my bike, which was actually Whit's bike, that's named La Tigra--awesome right? So Whit, being the best friend that she is, got down and started working on that bike like my own personal grease monkey. I just let her do her thing while I was the designated bike holder. After a few twists and turns, Whit had fixed the chain and had La Tigra  up and goin' again and we were able to make it home without anymore spontaneous pit stops ;)

Besides the whole crashing thing, I loved our bike ride. It was so fun just getting to be outdoors and catchin' up with my best friend. The only bad part about it was that it made me that much more sad to see Whit leave for Jerusalem in a couple of weeks. Who else am I going to complain to about my sore crotch muscles and talk Gossip Girl with while stuffing my face with chili cheese fries?! Oh, Whit. You will be missed.

Friendship and Fitness: to be continued...

1 comment:

  1. nice fitness post, I love your style of blogging here on tidbitoflove.blogspot.com :)
    you see, there are 2 blogs that i've found so far to be very helpful and have something interesting for me whenever i visit, this one and http://danieluyi.com
    Keep it up. I will be visiting again.

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS